The Student Room Group

I’m doing well across my subjects at alevels but worried about predicted grades?

I do bio chem and geo and have done well so far but I’m really worried about predicted grades??? Are they that important??? Of course they are! They’re needed in UCAS applications! But I’m so worried😖😖😖
Don’t worry. They are quite important if you’re not doing AS levels (most people now), but teachers are usually willing to predict the highest you could get.
If your predicted grades are on the lower end, then you will end up on a university course with others who are at a similar ability level to you, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
If you are expecting to get higher results than you were predicted, you can have a discussion with your teachers and they will usually agree to raise them (maybe with conditions eg. get that grade on a certain test).
Original post by Dancer2001
Don’t worry. They are quite important if you’re not doing AS levels (most people now), but teachers are usually willing to predict the highest you could get.
If your predicted grades are on the lower end, then you will end up on a university course with others who are at a similar ability level to you, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
If you are expecting to get higher results than you were predicted, you can have a discussion with your teachers and they will usually agree to raise them (maybe with conditions eg. get that grade on a certain test).

That so??? I feel a little bit calmer now thank you! My biology teacher is sweet and my chemistry and geography teacher are alright when but it’s those two subjects I’m concerned about coz the teachers are stricter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending