The Student Room Group

To all the animal lovers out there!

Do u want a career with animals in the future? If so, what career and why?
Would love to try and relate to some people for once

Scroll to see replies

I tried a career with animals, it was terrible pay and hard work.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
I tried a career with animals, it was terrible pay and hard work.

Can u give a bit more detail? what career?
Original post by khadija.khatun
Can u give a bit more detail? what career?

I worked on farms, mostly with sheep and some cattle work.
I worked on farms, mostly with sheep and some cattle work.

How did u start working on farms? (e.g. with family or just out of choice)
Reply 5
I've always wanted to but never did. Too late now.
Original post by s817
I've always wanted to but never did. Too late now.

what are u doing instead?
One of my jobs is working in petcare.
I look after some very spoilt dogs and cats.
I thought this was going to be Ttingox berating us all for not being vegan whilst claiming to love animals
I love animals but i want to work in illustration, hopefully i get a good paying job so i can afford to run a guinea pig sanctuary when am older
How did u start working on farms? (e.g. with family or just out of choice)

I did a BTEC in agriculture, then applied for farm work. It was completely my own choice as my family have no recent farming history. I quickly gave it up because working on farms is poorly paid and very hard to progress if you don't own a farm.
Reply 11
what are u doing instead?

Design
(edited 4 years ago)
Vets... pass a couple of exams and that's it. You are free to amputate… put down... licensed to take your best guess and charge a fortune. Think I'll care for my animals myself in future.
Original post by londonmyst
One of my jobs is working in petcare.
I look after some very spoilt dogs and cats.

That sounds awesome! so is it like babysitting pets?
I used to want to be a vet nurse really badly, but then I did work experience at my local vet practice and I couldn't do it.
I got way too attached to the animals and it made me want to cry, it also turns out I'm quite queasy :redface:

So yeah, took a different career path instead.
Original post by CoolCavy
I love animals but i want to work in illustration, hopefully i get a good paying job so i can afford to run a guinea pig sanctuary when am older

Lol that is so cute and amazing :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Vinny C
Vets... pass a couple of exams and that's it. You are free to amputate… put down... licensed to take your best guess and charge a fortune. Think I'll care for my animals myself in future.

I’m sure it’s not as easy as ‘passing a couple of exams’.
I did a BTEC in agriculture, then applied for farm work. It was completely my own choice as my family have no recent farming history. I quickly gave it up because working on farms is poorly paid and very hard to progress if you don't own a farm.

What do u do now?
What do u do now?

I'm a primary care data analyst, in short I look at GP surgeries and say whether they need more space or not.
Original post by Vinny C

personally, i just don't want to be a vet because i hate blood and guts (yep I'm a wimp) but i respect the job cause people help your pets feel better even though they can't talk (lol wish they did) which takes time and medicine so i understand that it can be a bit expensive

Quick Reply

Latest