tdoggg872
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Do you think its best to vary all 5 Uni choices that i put down, I know that everyone says you need a mixture but clearing will obviously be there for the worst case scenario, so would seleting 3 A*AA and 1 AAA and 1AAB uni be alright or should I change it ??? Applying for Economics, as of now, Bath , Birmingham, Warwick, Loughborough, Nottingham
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Any idea what the offer rates are at each? Warwick will be pretty low - not sure about the others.

As a couple of notes:

- there were very few options for economics in clearing last year. You might want to consider how you feel about a year out.
- Economics - like medicine - is one course where some candidates are much more ambitious than the normal guidance given the level of competition.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tdoggg872)
Do you think its best to vary all 5 Uni choices that i put down, I know that everyone says you need a mixture but clearing will obviously be there for the worst case scenario, so would seleting 3 A*AA and 1 AAA and 1AAB uni be alright or should I change it ??? Applying for Economics, as of now, Bath , Birmingham, Warwick, Loughborough, Nottingham
Presumably you are predicted at least A*AA? If so, having an AAB as insurance should be fine.
tdoggg872
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Presumably you are predicted at least A*AA? If so, having an AAB as insurance should be fine.
yes A*AA as prediction
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yes A*AA as prediction
In that case don't go any lower.
ethancruise15
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Warwick econ is competitive just to receive offers, the others will make you an offer so long as you are predicted to meet the grades.
tdoggg872
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
Any idea what the offer rates are at each? Warwick will be pretty low - not sure about the others.

As a couple of notes:

- there were very few options for economics in clearing last year. You might want to consider how you feel about a year out.
- Economics - like medicine - is one course where some candidates are much more ambitious than the normal guidance given the level of competition.
Yeah, according to UCAS offer calculator

Warwick has <10%
Bath has 75%
Loughborough and Birmingham has >90%

Also, do you know any unis that are more likely to give unconditional offers, because I feel like it might be worth applying there.
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah, according to UCAS offer calculator

Warwick has <10%
Bath has 75%
Loughborough and Birmingham has >90%

Also, do you know any unis that are more likely to give unconditional offers, because I feel like it might be worth applying there.
I get the impression that far fewer universities (if any) are giving unconditional offers. These were always a bit misleading - they were generally unconditional if firm, so no really attractive as a back up plan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
18.71%
Labour (553)
51.73%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.47%
Green Party (59)
5.52%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)