what happens if fail A-levels first year Watch

taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
what will happen will you get kicked out of college. if so what could you do next
Paolo3100
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
repeat year
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by taranmistry)
what will happen will you get kicked out of college. if so what could you do next
Fail at what stage. If you fail thats normally in year 13 i.e old enough to leave.
In year 12 then they used to kick people out but thats illegal. They might offer you btec.
If in year 13 then you could try college, access , just get a job or apprenticeship.
taranmistry
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Fail at what stage. If you fail thats normally in year 13 i.e old enough to leave.
In year 12 then they used to kick people out but thats illegal. They might offer you btec.
If in year 13 then you could try college, access , just get a job or apprenticeship.
bit the thing is I really want to go uni and get a degree
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
bit the thing is I really want to go uni and get a degree
You
could have said that in your OP.
Resit or do Access.
Why are you failing?
taranmistry
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
You
could have said that in your OP.
Resit or do Access.
Why are you failing?
I'm finding accounting really hard
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm finding accounting really hard
Try focusing and stop adding small bits of information in there.
If you fail accounting be it year 12 or 13, then just sit it again or take something else.
It is not the end of the world and you can easily recover.

Work hard get help and see if you can improve.
Talk to your teacher.
If not then make sure the other two are protected.
nintysixthousand
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
at my sixth form they just allowed you to repeat the year. But obviously, if you fail completely ie Fs and Us then maybe think about changing to Btec or choosing different subjects
KamilaKamizaki
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if you don't "completely fail" you could apply for a foundation year somewhere (my friend is doing a foundation year and got DDC for reference), otherwise you could probably apply for the open university which i'm pretty sure, for a lot of courses if not all, doesn't have any specific entry requirements. but of course you won't really get the whole "uni experience". also had a friend who didn't even do a levels (did some weird level 2 course) and ended up doing a foundation year (or foundation degree probably? she didn't make it too clear) at a local college. could even look into apprenticeships. so basically try not to worry to much, there are always options! good luck
taranmistry
Rep:
?
(Original post by KamilaKamizaki)
if you don't "completely fail" you could apply for a foundation year somewhere (my friend is doing a foundation year and got DDC for reference), otherwise you could probably apply for the open university which i'm pretty sure, for a lot of courses if not all, doesn't have any specific entry requirements. but of course you won't really get the whole "uni experience". also had a friend who didn't even do a levels (did some weird level 2 course) and ended up doing a foundation year (or foundation degree probably? she didn't make it too clear) at a local college. could even look into apprenticeships. so basically try not to worry to much, there are always options! good luck
ok thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (417)
43.94%
No (98)
10.33%
I'm not old enough (434)
45.73%

Watched Threads