15 year old female, need help Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello guys.
I'm fifteen from England
My parents are homophobic, sexist, very religous
When i say religious i mean: they sometimes won't take me to the doctors for medical attention because they think "prayers" work.
They make me pray every morning and every night, go to church every sunday and the church is VERY sexist, really sexist, almost like a cult.
They won't let me revise for my GCSES's because im a female and have to take care of my little ones. They make be do 80% of all chores and when i complain they say that it's practice for ur husband.
Its affecting me both mentally and physically. So far i have become atheist. I'm very depressed, morning prayers are making me late for school everyday. I want to do well in my gcses because i want to study medicine in the future, but my parents being very religious and sexist is stoppying me.

What can i do?
Is this legal?
What can i do legally (im a minor)
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
why don't you go and tell this to a teacher at school?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
why don't you go and tell this to a teacher at school?
I told my "head of year" and he joked about it when i told him about the sexism and heavy religious practices, he even put his hand on my head and said "you're healed", i went home and cried that day, i wanted to kill myself, (so glad i didn')
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I told my "head of year" and he joked about it when i told him about the sexism and heavy religious practices, he even put his hand on my head and said "you're healed", i went home and cried that day, i wanted to kill myself, (so glad i didn')
have you tried telling the deputy or headteacher. or any other teachers?
lilbitfunny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If this is bringing you to thoughts of suicide it may be worth getting in contact with child line. No child should feel like that.
davesantana
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Allah will save you child dw
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
this sounds awful omg. my parents are religious and i have to go church and I’m on the worship team and I have to always do extra stuff for them but this sounds pretty extreme. Are there any other teachers u trust or someone higher up that would take this seriously because this isn’t okay!
lilbitfunny
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, me again.
Here’s a link I think will be useful
https://www.childline.org.uk/get-sup...unsellor-chat/

This is a 1 on 1 chatroom with a trained child line counsellor. They are the best people to talk to.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
this sounds awful omg. my parents are religious and i have to go church and I’m on the worship team and I have to always do extra stuff for them but this sounds pretty extreme. Are there any other teachers u trust or someone higher up that would take this seriously because this isn’t okay!
If my parents made me join the worship team I think I'll turn into a three year old and just cry non stop.
lilacdolphin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello guys.
I'm fifteen from England
My parents are homophobic, sexist, very religous
When i say religious i mean: they sometimes won't take me to the doctors for medical attention because they think "prayers" work.
They make me pray every morning and every night, go to church every sunday and the church is VERY sexist, really sexist, almost like a cult.
They won't let me revise for my GCSES's because im a female and have to take care of my little ones. They make be do 80% of all chores and when i complain they say that it's practice for ur husband.
Its affecting me both mentally and physically. So far i have become atheist. I'm very depressed, morning prayers are making me late for school everyday. I want to do well in my gcses because i want to study medicine in the future, but my parents being very religious and sexist is stoppying me.

What can i do?
Is this legal?
What can i do legally (im a minor)
This is obviously affecting you really badly. As others have said, speak to someone who might know a bit more about this than us - do you have a guidance teacher/someone to go to for pastoral support at school (sorry I'm Scottish, not sure about the English system)? Or even a teacher you have a good relationship with - I'm sure they'll want to help you. Alternatively somewhere like childline is a good option, even just to listen and point you in the right direction.

Good luck with everything - let us know how you're getting on. All will be well in the end; if all is not well, it is not yet the end.
Take care
Appirition
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What you describe is not legal - it's mental abuse.
Others have already given the advice that I would so I won't repeat it.
Don't stop fighting it till the abuse stops and you're able to study and revise as much as you want to, and get any medical attention that you want or need.
Dalpx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are your parents Muslim?
Where are your parents from?
Anonymous #1
thanks guys, on monday im telling my headteacher, but what if he doesn't do anything
lilbitfunny
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
thanks guys, on monday im telling my headteacher, but what if he doesn't do anything
He should do something. Mention how your head of year was like to him aswell. Teachers have to abide by a duty of care, if you tell him that you were having thoughts of suicide because of your parents he has to do something. Your head of year should’ve as well. If he doesn’t do anything then it’s time to get in contact with childline. Remember that everyone one from tsr are here to help you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
18.71%
Labour (553)
51.73%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.47%
Green Party (59)
5.52%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)