I've made such big mistakes Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
In December 2017 I discovered the thing called online sexting and I fell into it deep. Sexting with random strangers on Kik. Sending them nudes and videos, though none had my face in it. I got so bloody comfortable with the idea of sexting that I started doing it with a guy from my school. Now he has nudes of me and he knows who I am. And I'm just so scared . It's been a year since I've stopped sexting and still I'm scared that my nudes might show up online. And even though no one can see my face in those pics, I'm damn sure if anyone from my family comes across them, they'll know that it's me. And that guy from my school, what if he tells people about what I've done. **** I'm scared.
Appirition
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can't turn back the clock and undo what's done, so it's now down to how you deal with it.
If you still see the guy from school or still have a way to contact him, you could ask if he still has the pictures, and if he does, ask him to delete them. Also ask him not to tell anyone, but why would he? If he's a half decent guy he won't say anything to anyone because he'll realise that your pictures are personal, and you've not given him permission to share them.
As for the random strangers on Kik, again, if you can contact any of them, ask them to delete your pictures. They might not delete them, but at least if you've asked, that's a step in the right direction.
There are probably millions of nude pictures on the Internet, maybe even billions, so the chance of anyone who knows you seeing your pictures if they did get put up on the Internet is extremely slim.
phosphenetrails
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I did ask the 'guy from school ' to delete the pics. And he promised that he won't show them around. And I know logically the chance of anyone I know finding my pics is rather slim. It's already been 2 years now. But I can't get the mere thought out of my head. It makes me sick. Literally I got IBS.
Appirition
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If no-one has seen your pictures in 2 years the chance of them seeing the pictures now is even less because others keep posting new pictures.
If you've got IBS, you should talk to your Dr about possible causes. Your Dr might be able to refer you to get Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) which helps you think differently and see things in a different light.

As a start - write down what you're scared of, as in, what specific situations, put as much specific detail down about each situation as possible. Then analyse how likely those situations are to actually happen.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Appirition)
If no-one has seen your pictures in 2 years the chance of them seeing the pictures now is even less because others keep posting new pictures.
If you've got IBS, you should talk to your Dr about possible causes. Your Dr might be able to refer you to get Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) which helps you think differently and see things in a different light.

As a start - write down what you're scared of, as in, what specific situations, put as much specific detail down about each situation as possible. Then analyse how likely those situations are to actually happen.
Yeah I am seeing a doctor. I even told my mom about what I did. Just can't get rid of this feeling of shame. It gives me recurring anxiety. Thanks for the advice tho
Appirition
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There's no shame in believing you're attractive and wanting other people to see it.
Sadly too many people don't respect others privacy, but you stopped 2 years ago, so the reality is there's very little chance of the past coming back to bite you now, and the longer it was in the past, the less likely it will be.
Remember also - Everyone has done things that they later regret and that they'd rather no-one else finds out about.
As you've told your mum what you did, tell her now how you're feeling about it - maybe she can help give you some reassurance and perspective on it too.
phosphenetrails
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
you're right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
18.74%
Labour (551)
51.64%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.5%
Green Party (59)
5.53%
Brexit Party (15)
1.41%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.66%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)