Barclays Partner Finance and Apple Watch

s.black
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

Okay so. 21 days ago I took out a financing agreement for an iPad whilst I was doing my secondary PGCE. I’m over the 14 day cool of period obviously. Turns out, I’m not suited for secondary- so I will be transferring to the primary in the January admissions. Which is two months away. As well as this, I’ve realised that I do not like iPads and I’m more suited to a computer for my work.

Now here’s the tricky part, as I cannot find any advice ANYWHERE! I contacted Apple and they are actually fine with taking the product back.. but how would it work does anyone know? Because Barclays finance have paid it in the form of a loan, and Barclays have refused to cancel my agreement even though I literally can no longer afford the thing without the bursary. So how would it work? Would Apple give me the refund to which I then technically “pay off” my finance agreement - or would they give it to Barclays straight?

The reason I am asking is because Barclays partner finance have been unhelpful as a whole. They won’t give me advise or even advise me in general. And when I explained that Apple we’re willing to do a refund as an exception to the 14 days they basically hung up on me.

So what I want to know is what the hell do I do, I’m so stressed about it
Panic_21_pilots
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by s.black)
Hi,

Okay so. 21 days ago I took out a financing agreement for an iPad whilst I was doing my secondary PGCE. I’m over the 14 day cool of period obviously. Turns out, I’m not suited for secondary- so I will be transferring to the primary in the January admissions. Which is two months away. As well as this, I’ve realised that I do not like iPads and I’m more suited to a computer for my work.

Now here’s the tricky part, as I cannot find any advice ANYWHERE! I contacted Apple and they are actually fine with taking the product back.. but how would it work does anyone know? Because Barclays finance have paid it in the form of a loan, and Barclays have refused to cancel my agreement even though I literally can no longer afford the thing without the bursary. So how would it work? Would Apple give me the refund to which I then technically “pay off” my finance agreement - or would they give it to Barclays straight?

The reason I am asking is because Barclays partner finance have been unhelpful as a whole. They won’t give me advise or even advise me in general. And when I explained that Apple we’re willing to do a refund as an exception to the 14 days they basically hung up on me.

If you brought it on a credit card you can get the refund as stuff over a certain price is given insurance and try calling apple to ask if they will give the money back to you or barclays
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by s.black)
Hi,

Return it to Apple and they should pay Barclays off - you may be liable for one month's interest, but that's about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
18.74%
Labour (551)
51.64%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.5%
Green Party (59)
5.53%
Brexit Party (15)
1.41%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.66%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)