Jenny hhh
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Did anyone attend the interview for biomedical engineering at imperial last year?
Last edited by Jenny hhh; 3 months ago
kareeenam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jenny hhh)
Did anyone attend the interview for biomedical engineering at imperial last year?
Hey, I attended the interview in november. It was pretty chill tbh, they ask you questions that seem difficult and lead you through the whole thing. The questions can literally be anything - i had physics,stats, bio and chem - so it's hard to prepare. I just went through everything I've done in AL so far, along with AS and read through every sentence of your personal statement and come up with things to say about it. Also have answers for the basic interview questions such as 'why imperial' or 'why biomed eng'. Hope I helped and best of luck for the interview.
Jenny hhh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by kareeenam)
Hey, I attended the interview in november. It was pretty chill tbh, they ask you questions that seem difficult and lead you through the whole thing. The questions can literally be anything - i had physics,stats, bio and chem - so it's hard to prepare. I just went through everything I've done in AL so far, along with AS and read through every sentence of your personal statement and come up with things to say about it. Also have answers for the basic interview questions such as 'why imperial' or 'why biomed eng'. Hope I helped and best of luck for the interview.
Thanks a lot. Could you give some examples about the bio and chem questions? BTW, did they ask a lot about your personal statement?
kareeenam
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Chemical structure and how it works in the body. They asked the math and physics question based on my personal statement.
Jenny hhh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Chemical structure and how it works in the body. They asked the math and physics question based on my personal statement.
Thank you ! Would you mind tell me what it the group task like?
Adereal
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you get in ?
kareeenam
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Adereal)
Did you get in ?
Hi, yh i got a conditional offer in December for A* in maths and A*A in physics and another science. Imperial is deffo gonna be my firm choice too
Alidag
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was only asked the generic why imperial, why biomed engineering and then purely physics questions. (interviewed in November)

Received offer in December
Jenny hhh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Adereal)
Did you get in ?
I got the offer for A*A in any order (further math, physics) on 5th Jan. will be my first choice because got rejected by Oxford.😭
Adereal
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jenny hhh)
I got the offer for A*A in any order (further math, physics) on 5th Jan. will be my first choice because got rejected by Oxford.😭
Ah dw about oxford, imperial is still amazing hopefully we both meet our offers : ) then we can celebrate at imperial
Adereal
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, yh i got a conditional offer in December for A* in maths and A*A in physics and another science. Imperial is deffo gonna be my firm choice too
Ah that's good, good luck see you at imperial aha
kareeenam
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ahaha yh excited to meet you all and congrats on your offersss
Phenolicdeath
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what were the physics/maths question like
Adereal
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Phenolicdeath)
just mainly prioritise graph drawing, calculus and trig for the maths questions
kareeenam
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My physics question was based heavily on my personal statement and was about resonance because I talked about ring resonators and my math question was a hypothetical situation with some basic statistics in it. I’d prepare what you’ve learned coz they’re not gonna ask you something you know absolutely nothing about and go over everything technical or specific that you mentioned in your personal statement in as much detail as possible.
Alidag
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
my physics was on interference
Jenny hhh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
The interview questions really depend. I didn’t get any math and physics question. Some people had integration and graph sketching. Good luck!
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
Have all the interviews gone out? I'm still waiting on hearing back (international, only applied on the 14th but still biting my nails all the way to the bone)
Jenny hhh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Have all the interviews gone out? I'm still waiting on hearing back (international, only applied on the 14th but still biting my nails all the way to the bone)
Name:  BD71B5F5-1432-44E8-880A-200AC4DC79E0.png
Views: 13
Size:  100.2 KB
Only left China and Singapore
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (117)
59.39%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
5.08%
No- I want it (56)
28.43%
No- I don't want it (14)
7.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise