Why does my partner change around his friends? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
My partner is lovely. He’s an amazing guy but whenever he gets involved with his friends trouble always comes of it as he changes his personality. He throws himself completely off the rails just to fit in with his friends. He does drugs with them, drinks excessively and he even cheated on me whilst out with them which is something he would never do if he wasn’t out with his friends and so off his head. Everytime before he goes out he promises he’ll keep control, not do drugs and not drink too much but he always does. Then when he comes home from seeing his friends he’s crying, apologetic towards me and in a slump for days. Why does he change so much and put himself and me through this?
Karisa96
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's a very difficult one to answer.
Surely if he loves you he would not put you through this.
Excessive drinking and taking drugs is not good.
In my opinion you need to sit down and have a long meaningful chat with him, tell him how you feel and what it is doing to you.
If he has anything about him and thinks the world of you he will take it on board and change.
Good luck
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Dump him now.

And find someone with the integrity to not cheat on you under any circumstances and someone that has the self discipline to not go into slumps for days.

IE free yourself to go find a normal well adjusted man. There are enough of them about.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can both blame it on being around his friends as much as you like, you wouldn't cheat under any circumstances if you truly didn't want to

Sounds like he needs to grow up, find some better friends and stop bowing to peer pressure
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Why do you have such low self-esteem?
lilith_00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
are you serious? dump him
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He’s a pussy. Try’s to act like a “hard man” in front of others, I’ve had loads of friends like that lmao
IH8Studying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My god... dump him!!!
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It sounds less like he 'changes to fit in' with them, and more like he restrains himself around you.

If he's cheated on you and you dislike his behaviour then why are you still with him?
Ay_Arriba
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
He’s an amazing guy around you because it keeps you around whenever he ****s up. I think the side of him that he reveals is his true side tbh: decide if you’re willing to put up with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (199)
18.69%
Labour (550)
51.64%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.52%
Green Party (59)
5.54%
Brexit Party (15)
1.41%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.6%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.66%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)