The Student Room Group

Tesco - Xmas staff - Pay - help!

Hi,

I just recently started a christmas temp job at Tesco, it's in a really big store and my first couple of shifts have been so busy I haven't been able to track down a manager to ask these questions!
Can anyone explain how the pay works? I think my first pay will be 13th December but what period does that cover? How is overtime paid? If your contractual shift is extended is that classed as overtime or does it go through as a normal shift?

Thanks,

Suse
Colleagues joining us on a temporary basis, for example to help serve customers over Christmas, will be paid directly into their bank accounts as soon as they provide these details.
Reply 2
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
Colleagues joining us on a temporary basis, for example to help serve customers over Christmas, will be paid directly into their bank accounts as soon as they provide these details.

Hi,

Thanks for commenting back, i've given my bank account details but my questions were: how the pay works, what periods they cover, how is overtime paid and if your contractual shift is extended is that classed as overtime or does it go through as a normal shift?

Suse
Original post by Suse1992
Hi,

Thanks for commenting back, i've given my bank account details but my questions were: how the pay works, what periods they cover, how is overtime paid and if your contractual shift is extended is that classed as overtime or does it go through as a normal shift?

Suse

From what I've heard is that they pay straight away from temp workers and pay weekly for permament workers.
Not suree about ther periods.
I think they would also pay overtime at the end of the contract from what I've heard.
Last question if they do extended your timings then that would be normal shift but they will pay you those extra hours.
Plus what is the pay like at Tesco had my interview on Tuesday.
Reply 4
Random question lmao I start Wednesday did you get uniform being a temp?
Did u find out the answer to ur questions as iam about to start as Christmas tremp and wanting to no the pay before Christmas

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending