Still haven’t clicked with anyone?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
It’s almost the end of first semester and I still haven’t found my kind of people or reallly clicked with anyone. I’m part of two clubs already and have gone along to about 8 more to try it out and meet people. Despite this I still feel alone and it’s starting to worry me as thought I’d be kind of close to a couple of people by now??
Vellaciraptor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It can take a while. Honestly, my advice would be to try different groups. I didn't find my people until third year - I had a few friends, but I actually found my group (and many, many more friends) when I stepped out of my comfort zone. The people I befriended in first year aren't the people I still talk to now (after graduating).
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Vellaciraptor)
It can take a while. Honestly, my advice would be to try different groups. I didn't find my people until third year - I had a few friends, but I actually found my group (and many, many more friends) when I stepped out of my comfort zone. The people I befriended in first year aren't the people I still talk to now (after graduating).
Hey, I can second exactly what Vellaciraptor said! I found my "people" in my third year, and the ones I met in my first year (other than one) I don't speak to them anymore!

Sometimes the best friendships come with time rather than being forced together!

As hard as it may be, try not to worry too much and just keep being yourself!

Good luck,

Mia
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hey, I can second exactly what Vellaciraptor said! I found my "people" in my third year, and the ones I met in my first year (other than one) I don't speak to them anymore!

Sometimes the best friendships come with time rather than being forced together!

As hard as it may be, try not to worry too much and just keep being yourself!

Good luck,

Mia
Hi there, thank you for replying. I’m trying really hard to just chill and go with the flow as that’s what a lot of people said helps, I guess there’s no point worrying about something that will happen naturally, in your experience, how did you end up finding your group? Ie how did you meet them
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Vellaciraptor)
Thank you so much for replying! I’ll take that all on board and I guess it just takes time, how did you meet the people you are now friends with? Also how did you step out of your comfort zone?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there, thank you for replying. I’m trying really hard to just chill and go with the flow as that’s what a lot of people said helps, I guess there’s no point worrying about something that will happen naturally, in your experience, how did you end up finding your group? Ie how did you meet them
No problem! I actually met one of my friends through a society which I was on the committee for however they actually went to a different university to me (but in the same city)! From there she introduced me to other people and we all really clicked and still see each other now despite living in other cities!

I get that this was pretty lucky and might not happen to everyone, but try to stay positive and keep getting to know new people!
Vellaciraptor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much for replying! I’ll take that all on board and I guess it just takes time, how did you meet the people you are now friends with? Also how did you step out of your comfort zone?
I tried something I thought I had no interest in whatsoever because a friend of mine liked it and said the crowd was nice! In my case LARP, but I don't think the thing itself is important.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (270)
48.04%
No (65)
11.57%
I'm not old enough (227)
40.39%

Watched Threads