clouds343
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I was thinking of taking Global politics but haven't previously studied the subject.
I do study CIE history GCSE which is very content heavy and follows very specific essay requirements (I would like more freedom in essay writing styles) but I find the concepts interesting and am decent at writing 3/4 side essays.

Just wondering how people were finding the Global politics course in regards to interest, amount of content/facts to learn, difficulty, exam technique, time consumption, complementary subjects etc...
For background, I'm thinking of pursuing a career in law or finance.

My other choices are:
HL maths, econ, global politics?
SL Spanish, English, (ess/physics)

Thanks for your help! ~~ xx
Last edited by clouds343; 1 year ago
Aspenfire
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Global politics is a balance of essays and an engagement internal assessment. If you are interested in the subject, it does not matter if you have studied something similar before or not! It helps that there is a good syllabus that you can follow and will guide you through the exam content. If you take it as HL, it will be a bit more consuming, but it will not be that bad - it is just another HL, it does not differ as much to the other HLs you have.

Here is the official IB guide for the subject:
https://www.ibo.org/globalassets/dig...olitics-en.pdf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (56)
28.57%
No (140)
71.43%

Watched Threads