HannaMo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hey, so basically I'm interested in taking criminal law and taking criminal cases however I would like more info from someone in that sector possibly?
How is the course like?
Is it risky/dangerous?
What to study?

Thank you!
IpsaLoquitur
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
The course is one of the most interesting one's you can study. It's of medium difficulty compared to other courses - some topics are a logical nightmare (e.g. inchoate offences) while others are a breeze. Essay questions are always fun to write. I'm not sure what you mean by risky or dangerous - every lawyer has some foundation in criminal law as it is a required subject.

If you are interested in criminal work, make sure you take a Criminal Procedure/Evidence course in addition to the substantive Criminal law course. It will give you a better idea of what most work in being a criminal solicitor involves.
HannaMo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
thank youu
username3451736
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
If you are interested in criminal work get some work experience. Practice is not like study. I think there is nothing quite like criminal work but it is not for everybody. Another area which is still crime but with a commercial edge is regulatory law. Just be aware of the limits pressing on the criminal justice system at the moment- legal aid cuts have bitten most firms
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (191)
14.23%
I'm not sure (59)
4.4%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.76%
I'm not a current university student (662)
49.33%

Watched Threads