The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Leeds vs Lancaster Uni

Hi, I am applying for sociology course (2020) I am stuck between Leeds and Lancaster Uni
Opinions on sociology course in both unis or any overall info that I need to know about the Universities?
I have read a few rating,but haven't found a strong enough point to help me choose between the Unis.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I am applying for sociology course (2020) I am stuck between Leeds and Lancaster Uni
Opinions on sociology course in both unis or any overall info that I need to know about the Universities?
I have read a few rating,but haven't found a strong enough point to help me choose between the Unis.

Hi anon,
What things in particular are you most interested in finding out about?
One thing that's important to note is that in your first year at least, for Sociology, you'll need to take a minor. My flatmate in first year studied Sociology which was two thirds of his course, and he took Criminology as his minor. Minors can be any subjects as long as the timetabling works and you've met the pre-requisites. Popular ones for Sociology include: Politics, History, Film, Languages, Psychology, Criminology etc...
If you have anymore specific questions about Lancaster then let me know and I'll be happy to help answer them.
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending