Mum blocks my internet access almost all day, I’m doing A levels. Watch

alainnah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
My mum only unblocks my phone and laptop from 8:30pm to 9:30pm, only giving me 1 hour of internet each day. I love gaming and many of my good friends are online as we live too far away to meet up now that im doing A Levels.

I am taking Art, business and computer science a levels. The art and computer science are a pain because I often do need wifi to do them and i can only do this during my frees at school and its a tight squeeze.

My mum thinks wifi is bad for me and my siblings and limits it like crazy. She uses this app that can block certain devices. Somedays we dont even get that 1 hour if shes pissed. I really need a solution to this because, im going to be real here, I am suffering without internet. I can hardly contact my best friends anymore, cant enjoy a good game after school, cant even do some research into my homework. Not going to lie, its making me depressed.

I have tried talking to her about it but she will have none of it.

Any ways in which I can break through this wifi block?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
why not get your teachers to talk to her
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You should talk to your school about, if she is blocking you from doing your homework then they may be able to talk some sense into her.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Your mum is an absolutely despicable and heinous person, this is so horrible I feel so sorry for you if talking to her directly isn’t changing anything, then I think you need to involve your school. Have your teachers contact her and explain your situation as the internet is such an important part of daily life now. I hope this is resolved quickly, this type of parenting leads to parricide.
AlishaWhite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can bypass it withour her knowing.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
Your mum is a controlling b****, sorry you’re having to put up with this.
MrMusician95
Report 3 weeks ago
I know it's not the same but stay back in school after class to get your homework done?
Twenty15girl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
She’s gotta remember that you are not a child anymore like you were in primary school, you can think and do what you please. And I am sure that monitoring internet usage could be a positive and negative but you get the choice at the end of the day.

Perhaps Yoh choose when you want to use it and when you don’t.

For example study for an hour go in your game, text a friend and then go back otherwise she’s practically telling after along day 6th form fo another 6 hours of study on top and you find out you friends, you no social skill, no one wants to know you and I. Future you may the dream job but no boyfriend, girlfriend and you are sitting at home on your home with your text friends for company.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Any idea what app she's using to block it? Could you backup and factory reset your phone without it being flagged to her?

There is undoubtedly a way to bypass this.

Have no sympathy for parents who do this.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by alainnah)
My mum only unblocks my phone and laptop from 8:30pm to 9:30pm, only giving me 1 hour of internet each day. I love gaming and many of my good friends are online as we live too far away to meet up now that im doing A Levels.

I am taking Art, business and computer science a levels. The art and computer science are a pain because I often do need wifi to do them and i can only do this during my frees at school and its a tight squeeze.

My mum thinks wifi is bad for me and my siblings and limits it like crazy. She uses this app that can block certain devices. Somedays we dont even get that 1 hour if shes pissed. I really need a solution to this because, im going to be real here, I am suffering without internet. I can hardly contact my best friends anymore, cant enjoy a good game after school, cant even do some research into my homework. Not going to lie, its making me depressed.

Reset the router lol
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You could probably get past it tbf.

If all else fails, local library? Not ideal but at least you can get work done.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would suggest speaking to someone at school about it and see if they can gently persuade her to let you have internet access for more than one hour a day - maybe they could write her a letter or even call her in for a meeting to discuss why the internet isn't just a privilege, that it's essential for your schoolwork.

If all else fails, take advantage of coffee shops, McDonalds (although I appreciate it would be difficult to concentrate), your local library or a friend's house.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by alainnah)

Back in the day my dad did similar sh*t to that, and it took me a month but after extensive research I managed to bypass his block

Was very pleased with that accomplishment 😁

I suggest you start googling for info on that app she's using and start looking for ways to get round it...

Tbh if you have a smartphone you should be able to teather it to a PC and use the internet that way, just make sure you've got a data plan or it will cost too much. Realistically speaking you won't be able to do gaming or watch too much YouTube view because it will use too much data, but everything else you'll do
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tbh OP it sounds like your mum might be blocking you using the same method my dad used.

I could tell you how to overcome it but seeing as it took me like a month I would rather you put in the effort like I did and figure it out

GL
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Tbh OP it sounds like your mum might be blocking you using the same method my dad used.

I could tell you how to overcome it but seeing as it took me like a month I would rather you put in the effort like I did and figure it out

GL
???
Why not just help? Just because you waited for a month, doesn’t mean OP has to as well.
Anonymous #5
Report 3 weeks ago
Every device has Mac address.
The app your mother is using allows her to see the Mac address of the devices connected to the internet, ie your laptop, and then block a device.

So all you have to do is 'change' or spoof your Mac address.
You can do this by typing 'technitium mac address changer' into Google on your laptop (during the time you have internet). Then click the first link and download.

Then once you open the program, all you have to do is click 'random Mac address' then 'change now'

Then enjoy your 24/7 unblocked internet!

(Here's the link to the program
https://technitium.com/tmac/
)

Also you can look for the router admin password on the bottom of your WiFi box.
Then you can unblock the internet for everyone.
eez
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
if you can download it, ill let you use my nordvpn. if the router is left on and you're still able to connect, it should let you bypass it.
davesantana
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

GL
man ur cold hearted 😂😂
blondemissb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AlishaWhite)
You can bypass it withour her knowing.
Tell the girl how then!
blondemissb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

GL
That's mean and you sound bitter!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (280)
47.54%
No (68)
11.54%
I'm not old enough (241)
40.92%

Watched Threads