The Student Room Group

Resitting 2 IGCSE subjects after a narrow miss of the pass mark

I sat my IGCSE exams this year, (class of 2019) I passed in most of the subjects that I cared about, Math, English, and Business, I got 58% in both Chemistry and Physics. 2% below the pass mark. My school denied me a resit on either of these 2.

One of my passions has always been aviation and being a commercial pilot but it is impossible for me to get into any flight school without a pass mark in at least one of these 2 sciences.

I feel very lost. I've just started my A-levels, I hear that there is a way to resit IGCSE exams in the future but I have no idea where to start and if it's even possible to begin with.

As soon as I started my A-levels this passed September I felt hopeless and just decided to settle for some BTEC subjects, recently a friend reached out to me and informed me that it is indeed possible to resit a failed IGCSE, even if your school doesn't offer so.

I'd like someone on here to extend me a helping hand so that I can have even the slightest hope of recovering my dying dream.
Reply 1
If you want to re-sit (just take the exam again) rather than re-take (do the course again) then all you need to do is find an exam centre willing to accept you as a private candidate and pay them., I'd start by asking your current school as it is likely to be much the simplest and cheapest option if they will let you..
I resit one of my science subject because I want to get a higher grade. I think you could prepare for May/June exam and get register with private exam centre near to your place. You could check from https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/understanding-our-qualifications/where-can-i-take-edexcel-exams.html
If you are near to ilford there is Ark Exam centre in High Road.

Quick Reply

Latest