The Student Room Group

GCSE help

Hey!
I do history as an extra subject meaning I have to learn all the topics individually at home. The teacher does help me but there's only so much they can do in the small amount of time that we have.
The topics my school chose are:
-Paper 1: AB Germany, 1890–1945: Democracy and dictatorship
-Paper 1: BB Conflict and tension: The inter-war years, 1918–1939
-Paper 2: AA Britain: Health and the people: c1000 to the present day
-Paper 2: BA Norman England, c1066–c1100
We use the AQA exam board.
I'm pretty confident with paper 1 but really struggle with paper 2, particularly with the Normans and the source questions in general.
I was wondering if anyone could help with how to answer these questions or have any tips and tricks/ revision resources.
Would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by berrycheesecake
Hey!
I do history as an extra subject meaning I have to learn all the topics individually at home. The teacher does help me but there's only so much they can do in the small amount of time that we have.
The topics my school chose are:
-Paper 1: AB Germany, 1890–1945: Democracy and dictatorship
-Paper 1: BB Conflict and tension: The inter-war years, 1918–1939
-Paper 2: AA Britain: Health and the people: c1000 to the present daypcic
-Paper 2: BA Norman England, c1066–c1100
We use the AQA exam board.
I'm pretty confident with paper 1 but really struggle with paper 2, particularly with the Normans and the source questions in general.
I was wondering if anyone could help with how to answer these questions or have any tips anMY sd tricks/ revision resources.
Would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:

My school are doing the same topics as yours. When doing my revision I have got the AQA specification up and for every topic I am writing down information on A4 pieces of paper, then once I have got through the whole spec I am simplifying the information into key points on flashcards. It's a long process but I find this useful as It's repeated in my head. I have found BBC bitesize very when doing this so hopefully this may help you with the Norman topic. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending