khakigreen20
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
so im in year 11 and have decided to wear a hijab tomorrow but im not sure how everyone react as it is well into the year should i do it tomorrow or after Christmas holidays . I am not asking whether or not I should wear a hijab as I have sort of made my decision but I am also asking if you would treat a girl wearing the hijab differently and if so in what way?im also the only muslim girl in my year
Garagepunk68
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you doing it to be "rebellious" or seek attention or controversy?

I believe I've heard the hijab is not even mentioned in Islamic religious books and it's infact just a culture thing.
IH8Studying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i wore a hijab in year 2 and i don’t think much changed. no one cares tbh
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
No I don't think anyone would treat you differently, it just might take a bit of getting used to. Good for you, embrace it
khakigreen20
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Garagepunk68)

I believe I've heard the hijab is not even mentioned in Islamic religious books and it's infact just a culture thing.
how is wearing a hijab make me more rebellious? im doing it to get closer to my god and remind me to be modest and pray
Garagepunk68
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by khakigreen20)
how is wearing a hijab make me more rebellious? im doing it to get closer to my god and remind me to be modest and pray
Oh ok. Go for it and don't care what people think then.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When one of my friends came in with a hijab in year 9, I didn't care.
ساره
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

its mentioned as a khimar(to cover) I think
Nazz69
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
if people treat u differently cuz ur wearing a hijab then its their loss , at the end of the day your only tryna please Allah and these ppl mean sh*t
IH8Studying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

that makes no sense...
Garagepunk68
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IH8Studying)
that makes no sense...
I originally thought she meant the full face cover but I've realized what she meant now and I think she should rock it and not care what others think.
Tellmeeverything
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
so im in year 11 and have decided to wear a hijab tomorrow but im not sure how everyone react as it is well into the year should i do it tomorrow or after Christmas holidays . I am not asking whether or not I should wear a hijab as I have sort of made my decision but I am also asking if you would treat a girl wearing the hijab differently and if so in what way?im also the only muslim girl in my year
I started wearing a hijab in my last year of primary school. People might glance at you a bit more at first, but then they get over it, it’s your decision, not theirs, it’s your head, not theirs. If you’re ready, you’re ready. Good luck with whatever you decide 😊
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago

OP, you have every right to embrace your religion. from the bottom of my heart i’m apologetic that you have to deal with comments like this ^

do it when you feel ready. it’s your religion and whether you choose to/ not to that is YOUR choice. if people treat you differently that is quite literally discrimination and a very serious matter.

do it now, do it next week, next month, never. it’s up to you. embrace it and let it empower you!
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
you’re so uneducated it hurts. just get off this post.
As you appear to be of the rules for anonymous posting. Please educate yourself.

OP, you have every right to embrace your religion.
Agreed.

do it when you feel ready. it’s your religion and whether you choose to/ not to that is YOUR choice. if people treat you differently that is quite literally discrimination and a very serious matter.
Yes and no. If people make religious statements with what they choose to wear, they should not be surprised if others draw conclusions about their indoctrination to intelligence ratio.

do it now, do it next week, next month, never. it’s up to you. embrace it and let it empower you!
Empower? Funny.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
You might get less attention from boys and people on the street might give you dirty looks if you go to a predominantly british area but other than that you should be fine
hazel_99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
girl most people will compliment it ! if you can wesr any colour pick a nice khaki or nude (: we live in a beautiful democratic and encouraging society sis
ukrj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Blimey the girls in Iran and Turkey are fighting tooth and nail to get rid of this mullah imposed dress code and girls here are embracing it???
WhiteKnight69420
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
no
THE-BLACK-CAT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey let me first day congratulations !
Deciding to wear a hijjab is a big stepping stone on your journey to Islam. May Allah reward you

Like you I also started my hijjab in my later secondary school . I started in year 9/10 . I remember I was like you . Worried how people would react, would my friends still like me ? . Its natural to think such thoughts and it's ok .
I remember I was really surprised by peoples reactions in a good way ! Many of my hijjab friends congratulated me and and helped me with leaning how to manage my hijjab day to day . Wearing a hijjab allowed me to get closer to my friends . As for others they didn't care about it . No one talked ill about me or insulted / judged me .

If you are the only Muslim girl in your school I know your situation is a little different to what mine was. But please remember why you are doing this. You are doing this for yourself and Allah . Keep your head up high and be confident with the decision you have made . People may stare at first but remember they aren't judging. They are probably just curious as there is no other hijjab hike in your school as you say .
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You might get less attention from boys and people on the street might give you dirty looks if you go to a predominantly british area but other than that you should be fine
Well given most people in the UK don't wear hijabs, you will inevitably attract more attention and stand out more by wearing it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.96%
No I don't (147)
46.23%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.81%

Watched Threads