The Student Room Group

How to end a long distance relationship?

So I started talking to this girl yesterday from Canada and tbh I don’t think it will really work out with the distance. But i’m trying to tell her this and she keeps saying it could work Iv done it before and I think she really likes me. But it’s only been 1 day, how do I tell her without upsetting her please?
Reply 1
Ghost her
Reply 2
Original post by SMEGGGY
Ghost her

That’s like a last resort, anything else?
be honest, if you're not really feeling it then apologise and tell her. If it's only been 1 day she'll get over it soon enough bro
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
That’s like a last resort, anything else?

Say, sorry but I can't carry on with it. Be apologetic. She'll get over it. You found somebody closer to home mate?
Original post by Anonymous
So I started talking to this girl yesterday from Canada and tbh I don’t think it will really work out with the distance. But i’m trying to tell her this and she keeps saying it could work Iv done it before and I think she really likes me. But it’s only been 1 day, how do I tell her without upsetting her please?

I'd tell her that u've found another girl that lives closer to u and that u think u like her now.
Reply 6
Original post by SMEGGGY
Say, sorry but I can't carry on with it. Be apologetic. She'll get over it. You found somebody closer to home mate?

Not I just really not a fan of the long distance
Reply 7
Bloody hell, it's been one day. I don't think you're going to ruin her life by telling her it's not going to work out because of the distance.
If you've only been talking to her for one day then how are you in a relationship?

Regardless - it sounds like you've already told her that you don't think it will work. So be firm, tell her again, and don't let her turn it into a huge back and forth. Cut the conversation off if it starts going around in circles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending