Sophiejxnee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
the question is If T(N) = 4N-1, what is the third term?I don’t get it! The third term of what?How do I find that? We haven’t learnt this in class!!!
RDKGames
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sophiejxnee)
the question is If T(N) = 4N-1, what is the third term?I don’t get it! The third term of what?How do I find that? We haven’t learnt this in class!!!
The question isn't too clear but suppose that T(N) actually generates a sequence of numbers for values N=1,2,3,... where the Nth number in the sequence is given by 4N-1.

Then, what is the third term in this sequence?? Firstly, what must N be to represent the 3rd term? So substitute it in and see what it is.
Sophiejxnee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RDKGames)
The question isn't too clear but suppose that T(N) actually generates a sequence of numbers for values N=1,2,3,... where the Nth number in the sequence is given by 4N-1.

Then, what is the third term in this sequence?? Firstly, what must N be to represent the 3rd term? So substitute it in and see what it is.
I appreciate the help but i am only in Year 7 so i do not understand that. If you could maybe try and phrase it simpler it would be awesome!
csmlady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sophiejxnee)
I appreciate the help but i am only in Year 7 so i do not understand that. If you could maybe try and phrase it simpler it would be awesome!
4n-1 means it starts at -1 and u add 4 so it goes to 3, then 4 is 7, then 4 is 11, do you understand?? I'm year 9 and this is quite confusing so it's not your fault good luck. (I hope I did it right cus I'm set 1 hahaha)
Last edited by csmlady; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?