Hanika93
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello,

My names Hannah (mature student) and I'm just curious to see if anyone else is applying to University for 2020 to do Midwifery? How's is going?
Does anyone have interviews coming up or received offers yet? And is anyone doing the access course route into University? Xx
JNST01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Hannah,

I am also a mature student currently doing access to health and human sciences. I have applied for Midwifery 2020 at LSBU, Greenwich, City, Middlesex and King’s (all London).

I have already received invitation for interviews for all 5; Middlesex is yet to let me know the date. I had my interview at Greenwich on 08.11.19 and got an offer from them on 11.11.19. I went to my interview at LSBU on 15.11.19 and have been told I should hear back within a week. And I have interviews at Kings
Last edited by JNST01; 2 weeks ago
Hanika93
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JNST01)
Hi Hannah,

I am also a mature student currently doing access to health and human sciences. I have applied for Midwifery 2020 at LSBU, Greenwich, City, Middlesex and King’s (all London).

I have already received invitation for interviews for all 5; Middlesex is yet to let me know the date. I had my interview at Greenwich on 08.11.19 and got an offer from them on 11.11.19. I went to my interview at LSBU on 15.11.19 and have been told I should hear back within a week. And I have interviews at Kings
That's so awesome! Congratulations on your offer! And good luck for the others. I interviewed on the 13th at Cumbria and just waiting to hear back now🤞 xx I also have interviews at UCLAN and Edgehill coming up soon! 😱
Jasmine4ever
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello Hannah,

I would also class myself as a mature student (22, but I have 2 children). I’ve only applied for Anglia Ruskin University since it the only university that suited my lifestyle (also my friends say it’s amazing!). I sent of my application on Wednesday morning and was offered an interview the following evening, I was surprised.
The nerves have now started to kick in, it has been four years since I was last interviewed; my interview isn’t until this 5th of December, which hopefully gives me enough time to prepare myself.
JNST01
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hanika93)
That's so awesome! Congratulations on your offer! And good luck for the others. I interviewed on the 13th at Cumbria and just waiting to hear back now🤞 xx I also have interviews at UCLAN and Edgehill coming up soon! 😱
As we are both waiting for responses following an interview I guess we’ll both be checking our emails/Track relentlessly this week. Good luck with your other interviews and I hope you get an offer from Cumbria soon too.
Phieeeeeeeeeeeee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone, I applied for west of Scotland and Edinburgh Napier on 15/11/19 and haven’t heard back from either yet it’s so anxiety inducing! Also how did people receive invitations to interviews?x
JNST01
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I got an offer from South Bank yesterday. It’s my first choice so I’m super happy about it!! Hanika93 did you hear back from Cumbria?
JNST01
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Phieeeeeeeeeeeee)
Hi everyone, I applied for west of Scotland and Edinburgh Napier on 15/11/19 and haven’t heard back from either yet it’s so anxiety inducing! Also how did people receive invitations to interviews?x
Hi.... I got my interview invitations by email directly from the university for some and others via UCAS track. Some came through as direct emails and then on track also but not all of them. Hope this helps x
Jasmine4ever
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I got an offer from South Bank yesterday. It’s my first choice so I’m super happy about it!! Hanika93 did you hear back from Cumbria?
Congratulations, you must be buzzing right now! I wish you all the best of luck in your studies next year xxx
Lily-Anne098
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Hannah,

Hi, how was your Greenwich interview? I have mines next week. I heard they show you scenarios and pictures?
Hanika93
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey,
Sorry it has been few days since I posted, I've been crazy busy with assignments! Also I got an offer from my first choice Cumbria! Still can't believe it. I'v withdrawn my application from Edgehill, but I'm still interviewing at UCLAN on Wednesday xx
Last edited by Hanika93; 1 week ago
Hanika93
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jasmine4ever)
Hello Hannah,

I would also class myself as a mature student (22, but I have 2 children). I’ve only applied for Anglia Ruskin University since it the only university that suited my lifestyle (also my friends say it’s amazing!). I sent of my application on Wednesday morning and was offered an interview the following evening, I was surprised.
The nerves have now started to kick in, it has been four years since I was last interviewed; my interview isn’t until this 5th of December, which hopefully gives me enough time to prepare myself.
Oh, exciting. Good luck for your interview 🤞🍀 x
Hanika93
Rep:
?
Congratulations! 🎊 Well done. We both have offers for our first choices now! Xx
JNST01
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hanika93)
Congratulations! 🎊 Well done. We both have offers for our first choices now! Xx
Congratulations to us both!!! 😁
JNST01
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lily-Anne098)
Hi, how was your Greenwich interview? I have mines next week. I heard they show you scenarios and pictures?
It was fine to be honest. A lot more relaxed than I expected. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Just take your time and give them a good amount of detail in your answers. Let us know how it goes.
Phieeeeeeeeeeeee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi.... I got my interview invitations by email directly from the university for some and others via UCAS track. Some came through as direct emails and then on track also but not all of them. Hope this helps x
Thank you so much! How long after submitting your application did you hear back & What unis was it for? I feel like everyone is getting interviews and I’m still waiting x
TDavis24
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Hannah,

Hey wow! congratulations on interviews and receiving offers..
I sent off my applications this morning and received an interview invitation for this Friday (29.11.19) at Greenwich uni.
What should I expect, bring, prepare for? Please and thankyou
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Regent's University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (92)
19.09%
Labour (238)
49.38%
Liberal Democrats (63)
13.07%
Green Party (29)
6.02%
Brexit Party (6)
1.24%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.62%
SNP (10)
2.07%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.24%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)