Im considering applying
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 0natalie0)
Im considering applying
Which course are you interested in? What kinds of things do you want to know about specifically?
Heyheyhey5
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Which course are you interested in? What kinds of things do you want to know about specifically?
Sociology.

Whats the place like? big, small?

Whats the student support like?

As a mature student, do you get many mature students at the uni?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 0natalie0)
Sociology.

Whats the place like? big, small? Bangor is very small - its population is around 18,000, with 10,000 of those being the student population. It is also surrounded by mountains/national park/rural areas. The nearest large city is either Liverpool or Chester, as North Wales doesn't have many large metropolitan towns. I think it's a love it or hate it place; I've heard many people from places like London complain about how quiet and boring it is, while others relish the quieter and more rural environment.

Whats the student support like? I have yet to make use of student support (touch wood), but generally Bangor offer quite a lot of different support services. They offer mindfulness workshops, group and individual counselling, study skills workshops and drop-ins, financial advice, and accommodation support. I'm sure they offer more, but I can't think of them all right now. :lol:

As a mature student, do you get many mature students at the uni? From a quick look at the stats, around a quarter of all Bangor undergraduates are mature students. I've met a fair few mature students (ranging from age 21 to 72!), and they don't seem to feel out of place or find it hard to make friends. I believe that there are also halls dedicated to mature students.
See my answers in bold in the quote.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (358)
45.9%
No (83)
10.64%
I'm not old enough (339)
43.46%

Watched Threads