need help studying Watch

csmlady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm year 9 and set 1 in English maths and science but set 2 in Welsh and I really don't know how to study, can anyone help me?? some thoughts of mine were watching documentaries and making notes, past exam papers, reading books on the subject etc but idk?? what do you guys think?? also I have a problem of not getting time to study?? anyone have any tips for this??

drshadowgames
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by csmlady)
I'm year 9 and set 1 in English maths and science but set 2 in Welsh and I really don't know how to study, can anyone help me?? some thoughts of mine were watching documentaries and making notes, past exam papers, reading books on the subject etc but idk?? what do you guys think?? also I have a problem of not getting time to study?? anyone have any tips for this??
Hi! o/ Current Year 11 here.

FIRST: Find out what learner you are, here http://www.educationplanner.org/stud...les-quiz.shtml **ANSWER TRUTHFULLY**

This will tell you the best way to learn, auditory, kinesthetic or visual. This is important as otherwise, you may be learning the wrong way.

Additionally, you are in Year 9, don't stress too much about studying, allow yourself time to rest. Sure, study if there are exams coming up, but I wouldn't stress about getting stuff in early.

Seneca is really good too!

Hope I helped!

Matt
csmlady
Rep:
?
(Original post by drshadowgames)

FIRST: Find out what learner you are, here http://www.educationplanner.org/stud...les-quiz.shtml **ANSWER TRUTHFULLY**

This will tell you the best way to learn, auditory, kinesthetic or visual. This is important as otherwise, you may be learning the wrong way.

Additionally, you are in Year 9, don't stress too much about studying, allow yourself time to rest. Sure, study if there are exams coming up, but I wouldn't stress about getting stuff in early.

Hope I helped!

Matt

Hope I helped!

Matt
What's Your Learning Style? The Results

Your Scores:

Auditory: 15%

Visual: 50%

Tactile: 35%

Visual

If you are a visual learner, you learn by reading or seeing pictures. You understand and remember things by sight. You can picture what you are learning in your head, and you learn best by using methods that are primarily visual. You like to see what you are learning.

As a visual learner, you are usually neat and clean. You often close your eyes to visualize or remember something, and you will find something to watch if you become bored. You may have difficulty with spoken directions and may be easily distracted by sounds. You are attracted to color and to spoken language (like stories) that is rich in imagery.

Here are some things that visual learners like you can do to learn better:

Sit near the front of the classroom. (It won't mean you're the teacher's pet!)

Have your eyesight checked on a regular basis.

Use flashcards to learn new words.

Try to visualize things that you hear or things that are read to you.

Write down key words, ideas, or instructions.

Draw pictures to help explain new concepts and then explain the pictures.

Color code things.

Avoid distractions during study times.

Remember that you need to*see*things, not just hear things, to learn well.

~~~~
do u have any more tips for this? it had tactile pretty high at 35% too, what's that??
Last edited by csmlady; 2 weeks ago
drshadowgames
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by csmlady)
What's Your Learning Style? The Results

Your Scores:

Auditory: 15%

Visual: 50%

Tactile: 35%

Visual

If you are a visual learner, you learn by reading or seeing pictures. You understand and remember things by sight. You can picture what you are learning in your head, and you learn best by using methods that are primarily visual. You like to see what you are learning.

As a visual learner, you are usually neat and clean. You often close your eyes to visualize or remember something, and you will find something to watch if you become bored. You may have difficulty with spoken directions and may be easily distracted by sounds. You are attracted to color and to spoken language (like stories) that is rich in imagery.

Here are some things that visual learners like you can do to learn better:

Sit near the front of the classroom. (It won't mean you're the teacher's pet!)

Have your eyesight checked on a regular basis.

Use flashcards to learn new words.

Try to visualize things that you hear or things that are read to you.

Write down key words, ideas, or instructions.

Draw pictures to help explain new concepts and then explain the pictures.

Color code things.

Avoid distractions during study times.

Remember that you need to*see*things, not just hear things, to learn well.

~~~~
do u have any more tips for this? it had tactile pretty high at 35% too, what's that??
They all look good to me, here is the info on tactile learners.

If you are a tactile learner, you learn by touching and doing. You understand and remember things through physical movement. You are a "hands-on" learner who prefers to touch, move, build, or draw what you learn, and you tend to learn better when some type of physical activity is involved. You need to be active and take frequent breaks, you often speak with your hands and with gestures, and you may have difficulty sitting still.

As a tactile learner, you like to take things apart and put things together, and you tend to find reasons to tinker or move around when you become bored. You may be very well coordinated and have good athletic ability. You can easily remember things that were done but may have difficulty remembering what you saw or heard in the process. You often communicate by touching, and you appreciate physically expressed forms of encouragement, such as a pat on the back.

Here are some things that tactile learners like you can do to learn better:

Participate in activities that involve touching, building, moving, or drawing.
Do lots of hands-on activities like completing art projects, taking walks, or acting out stories.
It's OK to chew gum, walk around, or rock in a chair while reading or studying.
Use flashcards and arrange them in groups to show relationships between ideas.
Trace words with your finger to learn spelling (finger spelling).
Take frequent breaks during reading or studying periods (frequent, but not long).
It's OK to tap a pencil, shake your foot, or hold on to something while learning.
Use a computer to reinforce learning through the sense of touch.
Remember that you learn best by doing, not just by reading, seeing, or hearing.
csmlady
Rep:
?
They all look good to me, here is the info on tactile learners.

If you are a tactile learner, you learn by touching and doing. You understand and remember things through physical movement. You are a "hands-on" learner who prefers to touch, move, build, or draw what you learn, and you tend to learn better when some type of physical activity is involved. You need to be active and take frequent breaks, you often speak with your hands and with gestures, and you may have difficulty sitting still.

As a tactile learner, you like to take things apart and put things together, and you tend to find reasons to tinker or move around when you become bored. You may be very well coordinated and have good athletic ability. You can easily remember things that were done but may have difficulty remembering what you saw or heard in the process. You often communicate by touching, and you appreciate physically expressed forms of encouragement, such as a pat on the back.

Here are some things that tactile learners like you can do to learn better:

Participate in activities that involve touching, building, moving, or drawing.
Do lots of hands-on activities like completing art projects, taking walks, or acting out stories.
It's OK to chew gum, walk around, or rock in a chair while reading or studying.
Use flashcards and arrange them in groups to show relationships between ideas.
Trace words with your finger to learn spelling (finger spelling).
Take frequent breaks during reading or studying periods (frequent, but not long).
It's OK to tap a pencil, shake your foot, or hold on to something while learning.
Use a computer to reinforce learning through the sense of touch.
Remember that you learn best by doing, not just by reading, seeing, or hearing.
right, so what things should I do that are a mixture of these both, I mean like things that fit well together, any ideas? and thanks btw
drshadowgames
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm an auditory learner, but what I would suggest is make some flashcards, when reading or watching documentaries, then arrange them in groups.

You could also see any practical elements to do with the subject. e.g if it was maths, do maths (if that makes sense). See if you can do the question with no work, then check. If the answer is wrong. Read up on it, and do it 3 more times over or something.

Those are just some suggestions, as I say, if you enjoy yourself while doing it, you are so much more likely to better.
csmlady
Rep:
?
I'm an auditory learner, but what I would suggest is make some flashcards, when reading or watching documentaries, then arrange them in groups.

You could also see any practical elements to do with the subject. e.g if it was maths, do maths (if that makes sense). See if you can do the question with no work, then check. If the answer is wrong. Read up on it, and do it 3 more times over or something.

Those are just some suggestions, as I say, if you enjoy yourself while doing it, you are so much more likely to better.
it helps alot! thanks, Matt!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (141)
19.67%
Labour (362)
50.49%
Liberal Democrats (99)
13.81%
Green Party (36)
5.02%
Brexit Party (9)
1.26%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.42%
SNP (14)
1.95%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.84%
SDLP (1)
0.14%
Ulster Unionist (4)