?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What is Spanish A level like? x
AHoek10
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I personally find it really interesting. Not only do you learn how to speak Spanish but you also learn about Spain and the Hispanic world, so some of the topics that I do (AQA) include immigration and multiculturalism, feminism and sexism and monarchies and dictatorships. In my spec as well, we watch a Spanish film and then have to analyse it in the exam which sounds hard but is actually very interesting. Also, in the speaking exam you get to give a presentation on a topic your choosing and then have a discussion on the topic you’ve researching the entire year. Year 13 is quite hard just because there’s a lot more that vocab to learn and you need to know a lot more tenses. But overall it is very enjoyable and useful.
feshuuuuu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Intense, but fun. For the exam board I did (Pre-U) you also learnt vocabulary (not set lists etc) about different topics, think environment, sexism, culture, internet etc. The exam questions are all based on real events too. It's a bit mental when you actually start speaking Spanish too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (379)
44.12%
No (90)
10.48%
I'm not old enough (390)
45.4%

Watched Threads