when to start writing ps, CV, references, etc? Watch

csmlady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
when should I start all of this? is it good to do it in year 12 or 13? or best to do it as I do the stuff and then redraft it??
Amy7702
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd get my first draft of a personal statement for uni done in summer of year 12 moving into year 13 at the latest. It just takes some stress off during the beginning of year 13 (which is intense) and it means that you can apply for uni early (required for medicine, oxbridge but good for all courses). For a CV, you can do this at any time- do one now if you really want, any qualifications you will gain just write down and put pending or a predicted grade. You can just add things as you go along and do more things. There are many templates online such as https://www.reed.co.uk/career-advice...s-and-samples/ or you can make your own. This will help when you find a job you want to apply to (e.g. summer of y11 or when you're in year 12). I wouldn't worry about references as teachers do these when you need them for uni and you can just write down their email addresses and contact details for specific jobs you want to apply to and let them know that the company may need a reference from them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?