HOW TO GET A GRADE 8 or 9 IN TRIPLE SCINCE Watch

imna2212
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Put your experiences and what helped you out the most. Any recommendations?
I'm sure a lot of people will find this useful

studi.moti
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by imna2212)
Put your experiences and what helped you out the most. Any recommendations?
I'm sure a lot of people will find this useful
Go through the specification, I cant stress this enough it is basically your checklist. Anything you have covered copy n paste that on a word document n look it up in your textbook n online.
If you have kerboodle, use their checklist.
EXAM PAPERS, EXAM PAPERS, EXAM PAPERS learn the language of the markscheme
Examiner Reports
Your Teachers
My Gcse Science, my teacher wasnt that great , so I used this to self teach my self.
imna2212
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by studi.moti)
Go through the specification, I cant stress this enough it is basically your checklist. Anything you have covered copy n paste that on a word document n look it up in your textbook n online.
If you have kerboodle, use their checklist.
EXAM PAPERS, EXAM PAPERS, EXAM PAPERS learn the language of the markscheme
Examiner Reports
Your Teachers
My Gcse Science, my teacher wasnt that great , so I used this to self teach my self.
Thank you so much!!
Do you think it's possible to get 8/9 in triple science if I focus and get to work now? Is there enough time?
tmacfarlane
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
freesciencelessons on youtube
Do past papers, make flashcards on q's you don't get right using the mark scheme.
studi.moti
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by imna2212)
Thank you so much!!
Do you think it's possible to get 8/9 in triple science if I focus and get to work now? Is there enough time?
yeah, you have loads of time
and treat every mock like the real thing, even if its a unit test revise for it to see what u do n done know
Also introduce competition between u n the smartest people because in year ten all I was getting was C's and then when I got an A in my test this led to me competing for the top grade n motivating me to aim for the top grade.
Also flashcards r useful.
I am doing A level biology, chem n maths n they have worked for me n I still use them now. also ask questions in class no mater if it seems stupid.
studi.moti
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Also if you have rubbish teachers or in general try n be ahead of your class, so when u go to your lesson, u r not learning but re consolidating n strengthening your knowledge
avacados1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is only a small part of it but know ur practicals inside out cos then that’s easy marks to get.
Owenstampy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by studi.moti)
Also if you have rubbish teachers or in general try n be ahead of your class, so when u go to your lesson, u r not learning but re consolidating n strengthening your knowledge
I'm doing this it impresses teachers and makes them want to help you more
studi.moti
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Owenstampy)
I'm doing this it impresses teachers and makes them want to help you more
thats great to hear but don't get too ahead to the point where you are not learning n u think its a race.
But Good luck with your GCSE's.
teeras8
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you think its a waste of time to be making notes on every topic because i feel that would be wayy too time consuming. Should i just stick to reading and past papers to get a higher grade n then only make notes for the hard triple topics that i dont understand?
studi.moti
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yeah thats exactly what I did but make flashcards for each topic

(Original post by teeras8)
Do you think its a waste of time to be making notes on every topic because i feel that would be wayy too time consuming. Should i just stick to reading and past papers to get a higher grade n then only make notes for the hard triple topics that i dont understand?
Flakeyon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I personally didn't bother with writing neat notes as I never looked at them again. I wrote questions for myself based on the spec and the scheme of work that AQA has on their website. I practised those as often as I could. But there's no point covering a topic so frequently if you are confident with it so when I did exam questions, I made a note of all the topics I was consistently struggling on then answered the questions for those topics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?