Science Revision Tips?

Watch this thread
Smiley1596
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello! So I have my mocks starting on the 28/11 and i havent done too much revision . We are doing paper 1 triple and im have finished biology and 2 topics of chemistry. I was thinking of using Seneca to get the rest of my revision done to make it more efficent and quicker? Does anyone like/use seneca for revision and if u do, do u write notes? Thank you in advance x
izaakha
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I did triple science, I am at college now - I achieved grades 9,9,8 in the 3 sciences. You have picked a great course. I didn't really revise that much around this time of the year: we had our mocks in December.

I would highly recommend making revision overview sheets (fit it all on one A4 sheet) of the specification topic, I did this and it really helps as then I know everything that they could ask on the exam. Here is my TES page (Click Here), click on the headings for the science subjects, there you can find all of my revision overviews for chemistry and biology for FREE. However, I would highly recommend making your own as it is the process of summarising the information into language that you understand which is the process of revision.

I also have podcasts on that TES page,(includes physics) where you can listen to a (aprox.) one hour podcast that will teach you all about paper 1 and/or 2. I presume that it isn't all of the content (?), as you probably haven't covered it all yet - so just make sure that you aren't learning things that aren't going to be on the test; I know that seem stupid - but people at my school learnt thing that were never going to appear on the test.

Moreover, EXAM QUESTIONS, these are the key to success, I know every teacher says it, Physics&Maths Tutor is the best website - yes it does do biology and chemistry - the name doesn't do it justice. If you need any more exam questions on a very specific area I can go into 'ExamPro' and upload them here if you just let me know.

If you need any help revising or are stuck on area of the course - just let me know.
Smiley1596
Rep:
(Original post by izaakha)
Hi, I did triple science, I am at college now - I achieved grades 9,9,8 in the 3 sciences. You have picked a great course. I didn't really revise that much around this time of the year: we had our mocks in December.

I would highly recommend making revision overview sheets (fit it all on one A4 sheet) of the specification topic, I did this and it really helps as then I know everything that they could ask on the exam. Here is my TES page (Click Here), click on the headings for the science subjects, there you can find all of my revision overviews for chemistry and biology for FREE. However, I would highly recommend making your own as it is the process of summarising the information into language that you understand which is the process of revision.

I also have podcasts on that TES page,(includes physics) where you can listen to a (aprox.) one hour podcast that will teach you all about paper 1 and/or 2. I presume that it isn't all of the content (?), as you probably haven't covered it all yet - so just make sure that you aren't learning things that aren't going to be on the test; I know that seem stupid - but people at my school learnt thing that were never going to appear on the test.

Moreover, EXAM QUESTIONS, these are the key to success, I know every teacher says it, Physics&Maths Tutor is the best website - yes it does do biology and chemistry - the name doesn't do it justice. If you need any more exam questions on a very specific area I can go into 'ExamPro' and upload them here if you just let me know.

If you need any help revising or are stuck on area of the course - just let me know.
Wow! Thank you so much
Smiley1596
Rep:
(Original post by izaakha)

Also.. Could i use your revision for the mocks if i can't finish making my own? If so.. Is it everything i need to know for those topics or the essentials?
izaakha
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Smiley1596)
Also.. Could i use your revision for the mocks if i can't finish making my own? If so.. Is it everything i need to know for those topics or the essentials?
Yes of course. Everything that I have included is what the specification says - the numbers are the spec references - so yes it is pretty much everything that you can be tested on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.91%
The paper was reasonable (67)
39.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.98%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.47%

Watched Threads