uncreativedennis
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
im in year 12 and have just started my a levels and i dont know how to revise for history at all, its so different to gcse and the teachers dont really explain it well enough for me to understand. i did my first essay and got 13/20 which was alright but since i got an 8 at gcse im really aiming for high marks. does anyone have any advice?
RandomOpinion
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This may not sound helpful, but you could either read an examiners guide for the question or use your teachers comments on the essay to improve it. If this isn't possible do other exam questions and see if your teacher will mark them. The more exam practise the better you test your knowledge and learn the essay structure.
Aribe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by uncreativedennis)
im in year 12 and have just started my a levels and i dont know how to revise for history at all, its so different to gcse and the teachers dont really explain it well enough for me to understand. i did my first essay and got 13/20 which was alright but since i got an 8 at gcse im really aiming for high marks. does anyone have any advice?
Look, 13/20 is fine. See the mistakes you made in this paper and try to see how you can really hit those high marks. Most of history is understanding the basic structure and significance of events, picking out useful statistics and then applying then with a strong and secure exam technique. Plus this is the start of year 12, you have plenty of time to improve. Also check out examiners reports for exemplar pieces and try and look through mark schemes so you can really get into the head of an examiner.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 6 Dec '19
  • Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 6 Dec '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 6 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (41)
21.13%
Labour (93)
47.94%
Liberal Democrats (22)
11.34%
Green Party (15)
7.73%
Brexit Party (1)
0.52%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.55%
SNP (5)
2.58%
Plaid Cymru (1)
0.52%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (3)
1.55%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)