The Student Room Group

a level options

Hi I am picking a level options soon and H am wondering if these are survivable . i am looking at doing law at university and i am dead set on doing at least regular math and french and i detest English.

maths
further maths
french
history
Really depends on how you're feeling at GCSE. I'm doing further mathematics and really it's survivable (although doing Edexcel was a bad idea)
do maths english and sociology
Original post by Kialo29
Hi I am picking a level options soon and H am wondering if these are survivable . i am looking at doing law at university and i am dead set on doing at least regular math and french and i detest English.

maths
further maths
french
history

I did history AS and that was a very manageable workload not sure how it compares at A level, Maths actually isn’t that bad but further maths is very fast paced and quite a lot of people dropped it after the first term but if you’re naturally good at maths and are looking at 9/8 at GCSE more than doable
Reply 4
Original post by MusabKhan
Really depends on how you're feeling at GCSE. I'm doing further mathematics and really it's survivable (although doing Edexcel was a bad idea)

thanks. I am getting mostly 8/9 at gcse (except english) and im predicted a 9 in maths.
I'm not an expert when it comes to law but I think they look for English more than maths. I'm not sure tho as I said. history and french is good tho. further maths would be literally pointless unless u got other plans. should only do fm if u wanna do a maths related subject at a top uni. worst thing u can do is screw up yr 12 by taking too many hard subjects then falling behind in the other subjects. I see it all the time.
Original post by Kialo29
thanks. I am getting mostly 8/9 at gcse (except english) and im predicted a 9 in maths.

Then yeah you'll be fine.
Reply 7
Original post by MusabKhan
Then yeah you'll be fine.

thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest