QueenBlaire
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Anyone else's college have like really dumb rules? Like I'm Year 13 and this year the stupidity of some of these rules is really getting to me.
For example, one "rule" my college has is you aren't allowed to talk bad about it on social media. This would be fine, but like it's very clearly just so students can't be honest about the bull**** that goes on. Almost no help in terms of actually applying to Uni beyond "do a personal statement" and employing bad teachers and not listening to student feedback (happened with my Psychology class, bad teacher lead to most of the class getting Ds and below at AS). This teacher would also make up dumb rules and claim them to be "college policy"
Another rule I've always found dumb is no coats allowed in lessons. Like I'm 18, why am I being treated like a secondary school student? If it's cold, how am I supposed to concentrate when they don't even put radiators and **** on.
Feel free to share any really stupid rules your college has, interested to hear about them.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QueenBlaire)
Anyone else's college have like really dumb rules? Like I'm Year 13 and this year the stupidity of some of these rules is really getting to me.
For example, one "rule" my college has is you aren't allowed to talk bad about it on social media. This would be fine, but like it's very clearly just so students can't be honest about the bull**** that goes on. Almost no help in terms of actually applying to Uni beyond "do a personal statement" and employing bad teachers and not listening to student feedback (happened with my Psychology class, bad teacher lead to most of the class getting Ds and below at AS). This teacher would also make up dumb rules and claim them to be "college policy"
Another rule I've always found dumb is no coats allowed in lessons. Like I'm 18, why am I being treated like a secondary school student? If it's cold, how am I supposed to concentrate when they don't even put radiators and **** on.
Feel free to share any really stupid rules your college has, interested to hear about them.
You seem an expert at blaming everyone else.
Feel free to exercise your human right, say what you want about the school and see how that works for you.
Actually its for very good reasons they dont want students slating their schools and when you get into employment you will find the same rule.
If the school really is so objectionable then feel free to leave and tech yourself. I very much doubt your school will miss you.

You are meant to be 18 and not 11.
You are in for a big shock when you get into the real world because there are even more rules.
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Tbf the no ****talking on social media rule is a bit of an egomaniacal thing to do, and something you'd only really do if you had stuff to hide.
QueenBlaire
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Tbf the no ****talking on social media rule is a bit of an egomaniacal thing to do, and something you'd only really do if you had stuff to hide.
That's what I thought, like it seems really suspicious that they would have to explicitly tell people not to do that.
QueenBlaire
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You seem an expert at blaming everyone else.
Feel free to exercise your human right, say what you want about the school and see how that works for you.
Actually its for very good reasons they dont want students slating their schools and when you get into employment you will find the same rule.
If the school really is so objectionable then feel free to leave and tech yourself. I very much doubt your school will miss you.

You are meant to be 18 and not 11.
You are in for a big shock when you get into the real world because there are even more rules.
Blaming everyone else for what exactly? I got pretty decent grades besides that D, which is immediately improving now we have a better teacher. Funny that.
You seem annoyed at my post for some reason, I wonder why that is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (202)
18.72%
Labour (557)
51.62%
Liberal Democrats (145)
13.44%
Green Party (60)
5.56%
Brexit Party (15)
1.39%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.58%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)