veronikazzzz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can someone please help me with the assignment? I need to answer P1, P2, M1, D1, P3, P4, M2 and D2
Any suggestions or examples would be relevant x

Thank you xx

Writing Frame:

P1 – Investigation
What is VM? Investigation of the visual merchandising and display techniques used by two contrasting retail outlets (I’ve chosen Tesco and New Look)

Introduce retailer one, then use the same structure for retailer two.....
 As part of my investigation, I went to.... (where did you go? What did you see? What did you find out? Who did you speak to?)
 This retailer sells.....
 The techniques used in this retailer are...........(For Tesco I’ve chosen - grid flow technique, bright lighting, colouration technique, end-cap technique, product placement, seasonal displays and demonstration technique) (For New Look I’ve chosen - tree flow technique, complementary, contrasting colours technique, atmosphere technique, product segmentation and product placement technique)
 Identify on the pictures where and how these techniques are used

P2 – Handouts
-Individually, for the given Act:
-Price Marking Order 2004
-Trade Descriptions Acts 1968 and 1972
-Food Safety Act 1990
Following structure:
 What is it?
 What does the Act aim to achieve?
 How does this affect techniques used in VM?
 Enforcements?

M1 – Report
Continue your report to now analysis of different approaches to VM for the two different retailers used in P1.
Retailer one/two them uses .... technique. They use this because.... . This leads to.... . The impact of using this technique is.... . This technique is suitable for this product because.... . This technique is suitable for this retailer because.... . This technique is different from what is used in retailer two/one. This is because.... .
D1 Continue your report to now evaluate the extent do different VM and D techniques contribute to the success of your two chosen retailers? Success can be measured by:
 Was the merchandising technique appropriate for the style of product/type of outlet?
 Were appropriate props and displays used
 Was signage and graphics effective? Use the following to help structure your work: I think, to a large extent, the VM and D techniques used in retailer one contributed to the success of the business. This is because appropriate props and displays were used. An example of this is.... . I think this led to success for the business because... . Another reason why I think the VM and D techniques contributed to success is that the signage was effective. By this I mean.... . This will lead to.... . The overall impact of this would be.......which can contribute to the success of this retailer. Success for retailer two will depend on.... . The merchandising techniques used by retailer two were appropriate to the style of the product/type of outlet because.... . This led to success for this retailer by.... .

P3 Continuing
In this presentation I will investigate two retailers they are ........ I will be looking at how psychological and technological techniques are used.

Remember - you MUST cover one tangible and one intangible ...., is the environment designed through visual communications, lighting, colours, music and scent. How is the customer stimulated and what is the impact of the technique.

The psychological technique used is ...., this technique is tangible because .... Say how the technique is used, give an excellent example and then say why it has been used. This method is suitable for the product because ... The customer is influenced by this technique because ... The psychological technique used is ...., this technique is intangible because .... Say how the technique is used, give an excellent example and then say why it has been used. This method is suitable for the product because ... The customer is influenced by this technique because ... This technique would stimulate the customer .... .

P4 continuing
Continue your presentation and now focus on technology techniques.
A technology technique which is used by retailer one is ......... Retailer one uses this technique by doing ...... In my opinion, they use this technique because ..... This method is suitable for the product because .... This technique helps to ...... A technology technique which is used by retailer two is ......... Retailer one uses this technique by doing ...... I believe they use this technique because ..... This method is suitable for the product because .... This technique helps to .... .

M2
Continue your presentation and now analyse for M2.
The use of these psychological and technological techniques in retailer one has led to business success. Retailer one/two uses .... . technique. They use this because.... . This leads to.... . This results in .... . This technique is suitable for this product because.... . I have found that this is similar to retailer one because. This technique offers a different approach because .... Therefore ....increases business success by....

Analyse how psychological and technological techniques are used to increase business success.
Retailer two uses .... . technique. They use this because.... . This leads to.... . The impact of using this technique is.... . This technique is suitable for this product because.... . In my opinion it is similar to retailer one because. I found through my investigations that this is a different approach because .... Therefore ....increases business success by....

D2
Continue your presentation and now evaluate for D2.
The use of these techniques in (retailer one) has led to business success.
An advantage of retailer one using this technique is .....
A disadvantage of retailer one using this technique is .....
This technique is used because ....

Continue your presentation and now evaluate for D2.

Evaluate how psychological and technological techniques are used to increase business success for your two chosen retailers?

Use the following to help structure your work:
I think, to a large extent, the psychological and technological techniques used in retailer one led to the increase business success. This is because .... An example of this is..... I think this led to success for the business because....
Another reason why I think the psychological and technological success is evident is because ....... By this I mean..... This will lead to.... The overall impact of this would be.......which can contribute to the success of this retailer.
To sum up, success for retailer two will depend on..... The merchandising techniques used by retailer two were appropriate to the style of the product/type of outlet because...... This led to success for this retailer by.....
Last edited by veronikazzzz; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads