as above ☝️☝️☝️
roseabates
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Vet Student 2020)
as above ☝️☝️☝️
An American marriage - made me think a lot and I am still unsure what I would have done in Celeste's position. Also, sparked an interest in mass incarceration in the US and how the black community is more affected.
Also have just started reading Boris Johnson's book on Churchill, some rambling but interesting all the same.
ellaswords
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i’m reading an e-book version of divergent
JH 011001
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by roseabates)
An American marriage - made me think a lot and I am still unsure what I would have done in Celeste's position. Also, sparked an interest in mass incarceration in the US and how the black community is more affected.
Also have just started reading Boris Johnson's book on Churchill, some rambling but interesting all the same.
that sounds really interesting! I might read it soon
JH 011001
Rep:
?
(Original post by ellaswords)
i’m reading an e-book version of divergent
oh cool, I really liked the first one but not a big fan of the other rwo. hope you enjoy!
keep_drowning
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The tattooist of Aushwitz
JH 011001
Rep:
?
(Original post by keep_drowning)
The tattooist of Aushwitz
Im going to read that next, Im currently reading the boy who followed his father into Auschwitz
Emily_5410
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wayward Son! Been waiting for that sequel for over a year and now I’ve read it it was 100% worth it
keep_drowning
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Im going to read that next, Im currently reading the boy who followed his father into Auschwitz
I probably shouldn't mention then that I don't recommend it 🤷🏻*♂️
If you view I as a fictional story, sure it's good - but it's based on the true story (so has many fictional elements) of a guy - and I feel it whitewashes and under-plays much of the Holocaust

How are you finding The boy who followed his father in to Auschwitz? What's it about?
itscourtchicks
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thérèse Desqueyroux - good book, even though I was “made” to read it for French, I really enjoyed it nonetheless.
JH 011001
Rep:
?
(Original post by keep_drowning)
I probably shouldn't mention then that I don't recommend it 🤷🏻*♂️
If you view I as a fictional story, sure it's good - but it's based on the true story (so has many fictional elements) of a guy - and I feel it whitewashes and under-plays much of the Holocaust

How are you finding The boy who followed his father in to Auschwitz? What's it about?
oh that's interesting, I've read so many mixed reviews some saying it was outstanding but others similar to you. the boy who followed his father is based off the preserved diaries of Gustav the father and it is an almost unbelievable account of his experiences in different camps and his survival. If you didnt know it was a true story, you would almost not believe the autrocities which occurred. For me, the book made me realise it is so important to have a deeper understanding of the true horror whilst enduring horrifying treatment in one of the camps but also to remember the lost and truly appreciate the survivors. I would definitely rdcommend as it recounts the reality of the concentration capms without downplayjng anything as it is based on real diary entries
klywi03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Desperation by Stephen King
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
as above ☝️☝️☝️
Last book I read was Ship of the Dead by Rick Riordan :love: but nearly at the end of my current one now though
CCIE2020
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The Prince
Oceanlost
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The Handmaids Tale !!!
IH8Studying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
flawers. haven’t finished it tho
Neurocandid
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The subtle art of not giving a F*ck -Mark Manson
CartoonSoldier
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do textbooks count? otherwise i cant remember
10oba-abbad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi. Emotional read...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (358)
45.9%
No (83)
10.64%
I'm not old enough (339)
43.46%

Watched Threads