Wow did meal prep for the first time (chicken salad sandwiches). 1 question Watch

SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I had to wrap it in plastic foil and then a sandiwch bag because it would just break a part when I put it in. (I cut my sandwiches into half, and I tried quarters which broke really badly). Is the bread easily breaking just because I buy the cheapesat bread from Lidl? I am storing my bread in the fridge will this keep the chicken tasting fresh?
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
I had to wrap it in plastic foil and then a sandiwch bag because it would just break a part when I put it in. (I cut my sandwiches into half, and I tried quarters which broke really badly). Is the bread easily breaking just because I buy the cheapesat bread from Lidl? I am storing my bread in the fridge will this keep the chicken tasting fresh?
Bread doesn't need to be stored in a fridge. Please don't buy nasty cheap bread from a discounter supermarket. Treat yourself to really good bread: it's one of life's great pleasures
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah I've has that bread. Nasty stuff, go at least one step up to the second cheapest, it's only like 15p more
What's plastic foil?

(Original post by Reality Check)
Bread doesn't need to be stored in a fridge. Please don't buy nasty cheap bread from a discounter supermarket. Treat yourself to really good bread: it's one of life's great pleasures
I think he's on about storing a prepared sandwich in the fridge.
SuperHuman98
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NotNotBatman)
Yeah I've has that bread. Nasty stuff, go at least one step up to the second cheapest, it's only like 15p more
What's plastic foil?

Plastic foil is the transparent one you can wrap stuff in. I meant to get silver tin foil and stupidly got plastic instead. I have both now but I use silver tin for my trays when using the oven

(Original post by Reality Check)
I probably should go a step up in bread. THis one I brought goes off in 4days. I have always put my bread in the fridge tbh doesn't make a difference?
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Plastic foil is the transparent one you can wrap stuff in. I meant to get silver tin foil and stupidly got plastic instead. I have both now but I use silver tin for my trays when using the oven

I probably should go a step up in bread. THis one I brought goes off in 4days. I have always put my bread in the fridge tbh doesn't make a difference?
Unless frozen, bread goes through the recrystilisation process at low temperatures, causing it to go stale faster than in the cupboard, say.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NotNotBatman)
What's plastic foil?

If you're preparing sandwiches in advance, then fine to put in the fridge, for obvious reasons. Bread doesn't however, need storing in the fridge normally - and it actually doesn't keep as well in the fridge as it does just out in the kitchen. The best thing is to freeze your bread (slice it first if necessary) and then just take out what you need as and when. Fresh bread every day!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (201)
18.75%
Labour (554)
51.68%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.43%
Green Party (59)
5.5%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)