Dating, continue or end it? Watch

tightropez
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I’m seeing a guy who I work with. It’s been really good so far. Due to us seeing each other at work, we can chat in person and we spend time together outside of work when we hook up.

Thing is I’ve been put on a few night shifts the past week so we haven’t seen much of each other the past week.

We message occasionally too but he’s ignored my last message for the past few days and he often is bad at replying when we do occasionally message. Then in person he’s really sweet and full of compliments.

It’s quite hot and cold and honestly irritating. At this point I’m questioning ending it even though I like him. Should I wait it out and let him have his space or just bin it off?
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not everyone feels the need to respond immediately to texts.
We have lives to be getting on with
Have you talked to him about it?
He won’t know it’s a problem unless you tell him
Karisa96
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tightropez)
So I’m seeing a guy who I work with. It’s been really good so far. Due to us seeing each other at work, we can chat in person and we spend time together outside of work when we hook up.

Thing is I’ve been put on a few night shifts the past week so we haven’t seen much of each other the past week.

We message occasionally too but he’s ignored my last message for the past few days and he often is bad at replying when we do occasionally message. Then in person he’s really sweet and full of compliments.

It’s quite hot and cold and honestly irritating. At this point I’m questioning ending it even though I like him. Should I wait it out and let him have his space or just bin it off?
Well ultimately the decision is yours.
There could be a good reason as to why he has not come back to you, equally he could be giving you the cold shoulder.
You need to speak to him and let him know your frustrations and then make your decision from there.
tightropez
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
Not everyone feels the need to respond immediately to texts.
We have lives to be getting on with
Have you talked to him about it?
He won’t know it’s a problem unless you tell him
yeah you’re right, I just always get stressed and feel like I’ve done something wrong when I’m first seeing someone which is my problem not his. I’ll tell him that.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It sounds like he's just someone who just prefers to talk in person rather than via messaging. It doesn't have to be a bad thing.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just use the texting for arranging meet ups.

Don't use the texting for enhancing your relationship or talking about things you can talk about when you meet up.

As long as his behaviour carries on being fine when you are together, stay with him.
Oh, and as long as it looks like you are compatible over important things in life like your attitudes to money, stay with him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (287)
46.82%
No (70)
11.42%
I'm not old enough (256)
41.76%

Watched Threads