The Student Room Group

Starting revision NOW is LATE? - A-levels (Year 13)

I have seen a few really stressed out posts this week, people seem to be thinking starting revision now is LATE? Am I the only one who thinks it isn't in fact late? TSR is making me very paranoid.

Have your say.
Original post by Numb & Dumb
I have seen a few really stressed out posts this week, people seem to be thinking starting revision now is LATE? Am I the only one who thinks it isn't in fact late? TSR is making me very paranoid.

Have your say.

Personally, I haven’t started revising yet so wouldn’t consider this ‘late’ at all. I think there is the danger that starting too early can lead to burn out—something I reflect upon is how I could have had a bit more fun and not worked so much for GCSEs. I still intend to get amazing results, but have no plans to start intense revision anytime soon. Most likely, light revision will start in the Christmas holidays and proper revision will begin around Easter time for me. Hope this helps!
I’ve started revising at the beginning of September and I think I’m late
Original post by Numb &amp

Have your say.

Definitely not late. I didn’t start revising for my A Levels until 4 weeks before and still got ABC which I was happy with. If you start in March and work really hard you should be able to do really well. Remember people on TSR do not represent the population - the majority are straight A* students who never stop revising. You still need to have a life in Year 13!
Original post by Joe Frazier
Definitely not late. I didn’t start revising for my A Levels until 4 weeks before and still got ABC which I was happy with. If you start in March and work really hard you should be able to do really well. Remember people on TSR do not represent the population - the majority are straight A* students who never stop revising. You still need to have a life in Year 13!

This made me chuckle. lol
I do want all 3 A*s though.

Thank you for your input. :smile: I feel much calmer now knowing I am not 'late' - like a lot of these posts seem to suggest.
Original post by Mona123456
Personally, I haven’t started revising yet so wouldn’t consider this ‘late’ at all. I think there is the danger that starting too early can lead to burn out—something I reflect upon is how I could have had a bit more fun and not worked so much for GCSEs. I still intend to get amazing results, but have no plans to start intense revision anytime soon. Most likely, light revision will start in the Christmas holidays and proper revision will begin around Easter time for me. Hope this helps!

This does help. Thanks :smile:
I’ve started revising for mocks which start in just over a week, so you’re not late cause you don’t need to be starting. When are your mocks?
In terms of revision what do you mean? Like notes and flash cards
Original post by Euphoria101
I’ve started revising for mocks which start in just over a week, so you’re not late cause you don’t need to be starting. When are your mocks?

January R.I.P
Studying independently though and these are self-imposed.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Euphoria101

Anyways, my question is about the real exams, sis. All these TSR users are freaking the living honey out of me!
Original post by kasacolx
In terms of revision what do you mean? Like notes and flash cards

Yep. Like making notes and stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest