The Student Room Group

Fined by taxi

Last night I went out and got really really drunk, probably the worst I’ve ever been. It didn’t help that I was drinking on an empty stomach. Basically I can’t remember anything from after about 12. One moment I was in a bar next minute I woke up in my bed.

I got really drunk so my friends said they decided to get me a taxi home around 2:30ish. However I woke up this morning with a card thing from the taxi with a £60 on it. I had no clue what it was (the taxi was only from town which is usually around £5 or so) so I asked my friends what it was. One of them have said it might be because I was sick in the taxi or something like that. I seriously wish I could remember but I can’t. I don’t know what to do? Like do I phone/email the taxi company or do I just leave it? If I don’t do anything will they get into contact with me?
Yeah you probably chundered in the taxi.
Ring them up anyway to enquire for specifics. The taxi may have even had a camera, so you can revel in shame as you watch footage of you spewing : )
£60 is relatively cheap!

My friend was charged £140 for vomming in a taxi in Nottingham
Yeah time to cough up, again.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Last night I went out and got really really drunk, probably the worst I’ve ever been. It didn’t help that I was drinking on an empty stomach. Basically I can’t remember anything from after about 12. One moment I was in a bar next minute I woke up in my bed.

I got really drunk so my friends said they decided to get me a taxi home around 2:30ish. However I woke up this morning with a card thing from the taxi with a £60 on it. I had no clue what it was (the taxi was only from town which is usually around £5 or so) so I asked my friends what it was. One of them have said it might be because I was sick in the taxi or something like that. I seriously wish I could remember but I can’t. I don’t know what to do? Like do I phone/email the taxi company or do I just leave it? If I don’t do anything will they get into contact with me?

Hopefully they will get in touch with you or your uni and insist that you pay the £60 ! Imagine if someone did that in your car. How would you feel?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending