Can I just forget her already Watch

EdSheeran1Fan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So 2 years of her being my bestie, I contracted feelings. I knew she didn't recipocate so didn't tell her all the while getting closer and falling deeper and deeper and indulging in the fantasy that she was mine. I know I should have stopped but when she would rest her head on my shoulders or sleep opposite to me when scared, it felt so right. Anyway, I couldn't bear it anymore so I moved back with my parents as I couldn't live with her anymore as we spent every second together and it was torture. So I think she understands why I left and the flowers I sent for her birthday only cements that. Well that was almost 6 months ago and I still think about her constantly. Im ok that she moved on and hope her the very best but can I just forget her already. Its getting exhausting and frankly im getting tired of my Ed Sheeran, James Arthur, Lewis Capaldi playlists.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by EdSheeran1Fan)
So 2 years of her being my bestie, I contracted feelings. I knew she didn't recipocate so didn't tell her all the while getting closer and falling deeper and deeper and indulging in the fantasy that she was mine. I know I should have stopped but when she would rest her head on my shoulders or sleep opposite to me when scared, it felt so right. Anyway, I couldn't bear it anymore so I moved back with my parents as I couldn't live with her anymore as we spent every second together and it was torture. So I think she understands why I left and the flowers I sent for her birthday only cements that. Well that was almost 6 months ago and I still think about her constantly. Im ok that she moved on and hope her the very best but can I just forget her already. Its getting exhausting and frankly im getting tired of my Ed Sheeran, James Arthur, Lewis Capaldi playlists.
You sound confused and i am confused!
Why avoid telling people how you feel? what is that about?
EdSheeran1Fan
Rep:
?
(Original post by mgi)
You sound confused and i am confused!
Why avoid telling people how you feel? what is that about?
Because I knew how she felt, she was my best mate and I didnt want it to be awkward and remember us like that.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Because I knew how she felt, she was my best mate and I didnt want it to be awkward and remember us like that.
Did you fancy her?
EdSheeran1Fan
Rep:
?
(Original post by mgi)
Did you fancy her?
I always thought she was pretty, but only started to really fancy her after a year of being friends.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I always thought she was pretty, but only started to really fancy her after a year of being friends.
Ok. Now i understand. You actually fancied her, didnt tell her and then disappeared , in effect, without telling her! I feel for both of you! She must be in real pain? why didnt you tell her how you felt? she might have wanted to get even closer to you as well?
EdSheeran1Fan
Rep:
?
Because she didn't feel the same. First and foremost I loved her as my best friend and leaving was best for her sake. So I did, but God did it ****ing hurt, walking out knowing I won't ever see her again. But that was 6 months ago, surely I've suffered enough, why can't I just forget her?

(Original post by mgi)
Ok. Now i understand. You actually fancied her, didnt tell her and then disappeared , in effect, without telling her! I feel for both of you! She must be in real pain? why didnt you tell her how you felt? she might have wanted to get even closer to you as well?
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Because she didn't feel the same. First and foremost I loved her as my best friend and leaving was best for her sake. So I did, but God did it ****ing hurt, walking out knowing I won't ever see her again. But that was 6 months ago, surely I've suffered enough, why can't I just forget her?
Sixth months is not long enough to forget someone you really was attracted to. She was your soul mate! Maybe there was a chance that you could become just good friends?
EdSheeran1Fan
Rep:
?
I just want to forget her and all the feelings and memories to go with it. Its becoming unbearable and exhausting. Don't know what I did to deserve this. I really tried suppressing those feelings but ultimately failed. If i was to be honest it got to the stage where I couldn't just be friends with her anymore, I just adored her too much. But life goes on and all that crap so why can't I move passed this already?!
4StarsOutOf5
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
jesus...
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just want to forget her and all the feelings and memories to go with it. Its becoming unbearable and exhausting. Don't know what I did to deserve this. I really tried suppressing those feelings but ultimately failed. If i was to be honest it got to the stage where I couldn't just be friends with her anymore, I just adored her too much. But life goes on and all that crap so why can't I move passed this already?!
It's quite soon afterwards. You wanted a deep physical intimacy that she didnt feel the same about. You would need to get busier with your life, friends, hobbies and goals in life. And learn that suppressing feelings ultimately makes things more painful especially if the other person does not feel the same way.
So next time with a new person instead if suppressing stuff just break up sooner if the person does not feel the same way. Otherwise it rips your emotions and wastes your time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
34.18%
No I don't (146)
46.2%
I work during the holidays (62)
19.62%

Watched Threads