I have wasted 2 years of my life and it's causing me trauma Watch

study beats
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
PLEASE READ THE SECOND POST TOO

I graduated in November 2017

Since then I have done nothing with my life.

I have a mental disorder and the NHS failed me so I could not get the treatment I needed .

I just feel so bad that I have wasted 2 years that I am never gonna get back . I feel distraught and utterly sad that I have wasted so much time, it's literally caused trauma .

I am finding it hard to move on , I really don't know what to do at this moment in time
Last edited by study beats; 1 week ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by study beats)

I have a mental disorder and the NHS failed me so I could not get the treatment I needed .

I just feel so bad that I have wasted 2 years that I am never gonna get back . I feel distraught and utterly sad that I have wasted so much time, it's literally caused trauma .

I am finding it hard to move on , I really don't know what to do at this moment in time
If you have wasted 2 years that you are never going to get back, then why waste more time feeling distraught and beating yourself up?
If the NHS has failed you then you will have to self help and look at other charities to help yourself.
It wasnt a total waste, just life and things didnt turn out. You have another 50 years in front of you.
Make a plan strengthen the weaknesses, cut yourself some slack and learn how to improve.
study beats
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
If you have wasted 2 years that you are never going to get back, then why waste more time feeling distraught and beating yourself up?
If the NHS has failed you then you will have to self help and look at other charities to help yourself.
It wasnt a total waste, just life and things didnt turn out. You have another 50 years in front of you.
Make a plan strengthen the weaknesses, cut yourself some slack and learn how to improve.
I am still finding it hard to move on.

Here's my full story:
Turned 25 years old last week and my dark past is still traumatizing me.

I graduated in November 2017 and since then I have done nothing with my life.

Last year in 2018 I was living at a supported accomodation, at the accomodation I was abused by the staff and residents, it was a terrible time.

Some months later I was feeling suicidal and my father took me to the hospital, there I met a mental health nurse. The nurse said "you can harm yourself if you want to, your an adult and it's your choice". After she said that I was in tears , none of the other doctors asked me what's wrong whilst I was in tears. My father was with me and he did nothing .

Some months later I attempted suicide , I was taken to hospital .

2018 was a terrible year and it was wasted because I was mistreated by the NHS and other humans . I was once blamed for emotional blackmail.

At the beginning of 2019 I tried to get back on the path of recovery , but it didn't work, I spent most of my time in bed.

In July 2019 I was admitted into hospital for my mental disorder, I spent the first week crying on the phone to my parents because I didn't want to be there , a grown man crying. I felt really guilty for crying.

Fast forward to November 2019 , here I am, still in pain and traumatized because of my past.

Why is the world such a cruel place ?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
I am still finding it hard to move on.

Here's my full story:
Turned 25 years old last week and my dark past is still traumatizing me.

I graduated in November 2017 and since then I have done nothing with my life.

Last year in 2018 I was living at a supported accomodation, at the accomodation I was abused by the staff and residents, it was a terrible time.

Some months later I was feeling suicidal and my father took me to the hospital, there I met a mental health nurse. The nurse said "you can harm yourself if you want to, your an adult and it's your choice". After she said that I was in tears , none of the other doctors asked me what's wrong whilst I was in tears. My father was with me and he did nothing .

Some months later I attempted suicide , I was taken to hospital .

2018 was a terrible year and it was wasted because I was mistreated by the NHS and other humans . I was once blamed for emotional blackmail.

At the beginning of 2019 I tried to get back on the path of recovery , but it didn't work, I spent most of my time in bed.

In July 2019 I was admitted into hospital for my mental disorder, I spent the first week crying on the phone to my parents because I didn't want to be there , a grown man crying. I felt really guilty for crying.

Fast forward to November 2019 , here I am, still in pain and traumatized because of my past.

Why is the world such a cruel place ?
It is unfortunate that the healthcare team have treated you in the way you described. Fortunately, not all staff are like that. There are some very good healthcare staff that have a lot of empathy and compassion. You were just unlucky with the staff you had.

The important question is, do you actually want to change and improve? Because if your heart is not truly set on moving forward and you wish to continue lamenting, then that is what you will continue to do.
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
It is unfortunate that the healthcare team have treated you in the way you described. Fortunately, not all staff are like that. There are some very good healthcare staff that have a lot of empathy and compassion. You were just unlucky with the staff you had.

The important question is, do you actually want to change and improve? Because if your heart is not truly set on moving forward and you wish to continue lamenting, then that is what you will continue to do.
I just can't move on , I don't know how to.

I keep lamenting the past , it tortures me everyday.

The agonising emotional pain is there everyday .

I just don't know what to do, I wanna go back in time and do it all over again but I can't ...
study beats
Rep:
?
Bump
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Stop blaming the NHS for your failures and get on with life; take some responsibility for yourself
It's not my fault though !!

I can't get on with my life if the past keeps traumatizing me
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

2 years is nothing. you have no idea know what trauma is.
you can do whatever you want with your degree now.
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
2 years is nothing ? So it's ok if it's been wasted ?

Did you read my post above , surely that's trauma?

Is it still possible to use my degree?

Whenever I try move on my past catches up with me
study beats
Rep:
?
Bump
OddOnes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
You can't really say that to someone, you don't know them.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
2 years is nothing ? So it's ok if it's been wasted ?

Did you read my post above , surely that's trauma?

Is it still possible to use my degree?

Whenever I try move on my past catches up with me
nope, only 1st your post tbh. but yeah, considering an average person lives 70+ years, 2 years really doesn't mean ****. it's just a tiny, tiny part of your life.
(Original post by OddOnes)
You can't really say that to someone, you don't know them.
ooh. look, i just did.
OddOnes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
ooh. look, i just did.
That's like something an emotionally stunted year 9 would say.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by OddOnes)
That's like something an emotionally stunted year 9 would say.
i'm permanently stuck in a rebellious-teen phase, what can you do.
MedicPls
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
many people have wasted a lot more than 2 years of their lives. Look forward! Things can only get better . Try to get a job, you could make some friends at work, hit the gym too - that I know can cause huge mental boosts for people.
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
i'm permanently stuck in a rebellious-teen phase, what can you do.
Read my 1st post too.

Your telling me that 2 years is just a tiny part of my life , but ages 23 and 24 were part of my twenties and those were crucial years .
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Read my 1st post too.

Your telling me that 2 years is just a tiny part of my life , but ages 23 and 24 were part of my twenties and those were crucial years .
dude, they are not. trust me. i'm in my mid-twenties, too and i don't feel any different than before. 21, 24, 27, it's all the same. you are not 40, or something.
study beats
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
dude, they are not. trust me. i'm in my mid-twenties, too and i don't feel any different than before. 21, 24, 27, it's all the same. you are not 40, or something.
I still can't move on.

It causes me sadness everyday I don't know how to move on.
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by MedicPls)
many people have wasted a lot more than 2 years of their lives. Look forward! Things can only get better . Try to get a job, you could make some friends at work, hit the gym too - that I know can cause huge mental boosts for people.
Are you sure people have wasted more than 2 years of their lives ?

The wasted 2 years was also full of trauma , which I can't get over .

How can I integrate into society when I have a fear that people will harm me.

I was lead to suicide because the people who were suppose to protect me , didn't .
study beats
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
What about the fear and trauma that is still on my mind?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (51)
33.33%
No I don't (71)
46.41%
I work during the holidays (31)
20.26%

Watched Threads