Want to be a beta tester for TSR’s new profile page? Watch

This discussion is closed.
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
[EDIT] Applications are now closed! Thanks to everyone involved. We'll be in touch soon.

Yup, you heard right, we’re currently working on a new (mobile friendly :woo: ) profile page, and we’re looking for some lovely people to help us shape the future direction of the project!

Name:  Profile page.png
Views: 41
Size:  65.4 KB

What’s the beta test?
  • This is the very first version of the new profile page which we’re releasing for feedback (Don’t worry, it’s far from finished! More features are in the plans)
  • It’s a closed test – that means only people who’ve applied to be beta testers will be given access
  • We’ve got limited spaces available for the test (due to tech requirements) and we’re looking to get diverse a spread of opinion as possible. When you apply we will ask some qualifying questions about you (like username, age, study level and gender); this will just help us to make the page as useful as possible for everyone.
  • We’ll contact those people who’ve been selected for the beta test with instructions for how to access it and give feedback

When is this happening?
  • We’re collecting applications right now!
  • The test will be taking place at the end of November
  • It’ll be a short one – just a couple of days. So we’ll be asking for feedback from our beta testers within that week

What happens after this?
  • We’ll add your feedback to the market research, focus groups, usability testing and feedback we’ve already received from the community
  • We’ll collate your ideas and suggestions, and make refinements for the next iteration of the profile page. All you feedback will be read and considered, and the key themes that come out will shape the future changes (so please understand if your all your individual ideas haven’t made it through!)
  • We’ll keep refining and making the page better, with a view to releasing something more publicly early 2020

How do I apply?
  • Applications are now closed

If you've got any questions, please give me Hungry Seagull or MonkeyFish a shout in this thread.
Last edited by BlinkyBill; 1 week ago
Glaz
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Done:woo:
Last edited by Glaz; 2 weeks ago
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
:gasp:
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would love to do this
Marcus...
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
I would love to do this
Agreed
CrazyKittenLady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Heya tagging in a few members who I think would be interested in becoming part of the TSR Profile page beta team

See OP for all the info

8472 shadowdweller ANM775 J Papi Reality Check Chronoscope KJEKJE Says Hi Paracosm Kim~Shawn Mendes 04MR17 Deyesy 1st superstar Sir Cumference Obolinda NotNotBatman TheMogg the bear nyxnko_ Lemur14 GCSE_beginner
1st superstar
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
CrazyKittenLady sure? 🥰😎😐
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes pls!
1st superstar
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Done submitted it!! :thumbsup::woo: BlinkyBill
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes
Edminzodo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yasssssssssss
1st superstar
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by BlinkyBill)
Yup, you heard right, we’re currently working on a new (mobile friendly :woo: ) profile page, and we’re looking for some lovely people to help us shape the future direction of the project!

Name:  Profile page.png
Views: 41
Size:  65.4 KB

What’s the beta test?
  • This is the very first version of the new profile page which we’re releasing for feedback (Don’t worry, it’s far from finished! More features are in the plans)
  • It’s a closed test – that means only people who’ve applied to be beta testers will be given access
  • We’ve got limited spaces available for the test (due to tech requirements) and we’re looking to get diverse a spread of opinion as possible. When you apply we will ask some qualifying questions about you (like username, age, study level and gender); this will just help us to make the page as useful as possible for everyone.
  • We’ll contact those people who’ve been selected for the beta test with instructions for how to access it and give feedback

When is this happening?
  • We’re collecting applications right now!
  • The test will be taking place at the end of November
  • It’ll be a short one – just a couple of days. So we’ll be asking for feedback from our beta testers within that week

What happens after this?
  • We’ll add your feedback to the market research, focus groups, usability testing and feedback we’ve already received from the community
  • We’ll collate your ideas and suggestions, and make refinements for the next iteration of the profile page. All you feedback will be read and considered, and the key themes that come out will shape the future changes (so please understand if your all your individual ideas haven’t made it through!)
  • We’ll keep refining and making the page better, with a view to releasing something more publicly early 2020

How do I apply?
  • Fill out this little application form
  • If you’re selected, we’ll be in contact with the details for the beta test!

If you've got any questions, please give me Hungry Seagull or MonkeyFish a shout in this thread.
Applied for it but have 2 problems:
1. Can't set a Gif as a profile picture on this account (works fine on my other account Imane888) and someone else and many others seem to be having the same problem (maybe cause I got reported once or IDK)
2. For my yellow "FIRST!!" badge it has been staying on 74% and level 4 despite me having answered 53 unanswered threads (it's been like this for a week now...)
3. if you want proof then I can show you
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
Heya tagging in a few members who I think would be interested in becoming part of the TSR Profile page beta team

See OP for all the info

8472 shadowdweller ANM775 J Papi Reality Check Chronoscope KJEKJE Says Hi Paracosm Kim~Shawn Mendes 04MR17 Deyesy 1st superstar Sir Cumference Obolinda NotNotBatman TheMogg the bear nyxnko_ Lemur14 GCSE_beginner
Thanks for thinking of me CKL I’d love to! I’ll fill out the form
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've submitted the form!
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
(Original post by 1st superstar)
1. Can't set a Gif as a profile picture on this account (works fine on my other account Imane888) and someone else and many others seem to be having the same problem (maybe cause I got reported once or IDK)
2. For my yellow "FIRST!!" badge it has been staying on 74% and level 4 despite me having answered 53 unanswered threads (it's been like this for a week now...)
Heya!
I have a feeling you might be looking at the current profile page. At the moment we're just calling for people who'd like to apply to beta test the new one, then we're going to PM those people with the link to see the new page and give us feedback.
That is weird about your First! badge though. Can you take a screenshot with your mouse hovering over it so we can see the number of threads?
Cheers!
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Make an AtCS thread about it.

I'm waiting to hear back on one about GIF avatars.
THE-BLACK-CAT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Done ! I would love to do this I'm really interested in interface design and graphic design so this should be fun
1st superstar
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Heya!
I have a feeling you might be looking at the current profile page. At the moment we're just calling for people who'd like to apply to beta test the new one, then we're going to PM those people with the link to see the new page and give us feedback.
That is weird about your First! badge though. Can you take a screenshot with your mouse hovering over it so we can see the number of threads?
Cheers!
I have applied for the beta
1st superstar
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Heya!
Cheers!
Image here: and I DID apply for the beta
Name:  Screenshot_20191117_222232_com.ecosia.android.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  246.7 KB
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Image here: and I DID apply for the beta
Name:  Screenshot_20191117_222232_com.ecosia.android.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  246.7 KB
Awesome! Thanks for applying.

If you want to whack this is AtCT, and let us know where you have your information about 53 unanswered threads from, that'd be ace! Then we can see if QA can look into it for you.

Cheers!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (193)
18.85%
Labour (526)
51.37%
Liberal Democrats (138)
13.48%
Green Party (57)
5.57%
Brexit Party (15)
1.46%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.39%
SNP (16)
1.56%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.49%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.68%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)