Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
im currently just started my second year of uni but iv noticed that my mental health has had a real toll on me since February and leading to me missing days of uni. also with my dylexia is holling me back in essay side of my graphic design work, im starting to feel like i need to quite and go and do something else but worried how my parents would take it as im the first in the family to go to uni.

do you think right for me to leave?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im currently just started my second year of uni but iv noticed that my mental health has had a real toll on me since February and leading to me missing days of uni. also with my dylexia is holling me back in essay side of my graphic design work, im starting to feel like i need to quite and go and do something else but worried how my parents would take it as im the first in the family to go to uni.

do you think right for me to leave?
This must be quite a tough situation for you. Good on you for not letting your problems stop you. My recommendation would be that you discuss this with your university tutor/year lead first and see what support they can offer you. Consider all support available before you decide to leave as taking a year out may not necessarily be in your best interests even if it may seem like it now.

Also, speak to your parents. Can I ask why your mental health has taken a toll? Perhaps if you can deal with the route cause of that then you could continue, as if you can't deal with the mental health issue now, then when you start uni again it will probably just resurface.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.54%
No I don't (151)
46.89%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.57%

Watched Threads