The Student Room Group

Different Course Offer

In need of a bit of advice, I applied for Diagnostic Radiography at 5 universities and have heard back from Sheffield Hallam who have said that they are unable to offer me a place on their course but have asked me to come in for an interview for Radiotherapy and Oncology instead. Does anyone understand why this might have happened? Also, any advice for the interview, it’s in January but I was obviously preparing for something else before so need a little bit of help, thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by beckadru
In need of a bit of advice, I applied for Diagnostic Radiography at 5 universities and have heard back from Sheffield Hallam who have said that they are unable to offer me a place on their course but have asked me to come in for an interview for Radiotherapy and Oncology instead. Does anyone understand why this might have happened? Also, any advice for the interview, it’s in January but I was obviously preparing for something else before so need a little bit of help, thanks :smile:

There's so many reasons why this *may have happened - including number of applicants for each course and the strength of each application. Ring Sheffield Hallam and ask, they'll have the exact reason why. Seeing as the interview's January, this gives you time to specifically ask them for their reasoning behind the interview offer and look into the course there before you decide whether or not you actually fancy studying raditherapy&oncology or not & therefore take up Sheffield's interview offer.
Reply 2
Original post by beckadru

i would probably look at some basic stuff u need to know for that course as they could ask you questions about it. Also they could ask why you want to do this course at that uni and what you want to gain from this course.

I would also go on UCAS and search interviews as they should also have tips for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending