i do 3 essay subjects for a level: history sociology and rs
and i have no idea how to revise and get top marks
does anyone have any advice??

nintysixthousand
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
look for revision guides with examples of essay questions and answers! also do as many essay plans as you can, just do them in a mindmap format with a branch for into, each paragraph and conclusion. go through all the ones youve been given for homework or ones you find in your textbook/revision guide and past papers and twist them eg change the time period for history or the sociological approach for sociology to cover all your basis. That way you are more likely to get a question you have already planned in the exam, so it will be easier! for sociology, i made sure i had key people/theories to mention for each approach and just planned as many essays as i could. Also look at previous exams even if they are outdated, just twist the marks to what you have. and make sure you plan!
I always found in sociology that my grades went from C/B to B/A when i literally just re wrote what i had just written in a sentence. EG at the end of a para i would go 'therefore, femenists argue (then sum it up in a sentence), i dont know why that helped but it did!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?