how will brexit affect non-european minorites? Watch

NoEaze
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I haven't really thought about this until now.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They will pay more for fuel and food like everyone else as tariffs are imposed on imports and the pound devalues.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Quite a considerable number of non-European second-generation immigrants I know voted Leave in the referendum. It seemed they resented people from their countries of origin getting a comparatively rotten deal if they wanted to come to the UK or become a citizen.
Nalk1573
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by L i b)
Quite a considerable number of non-European second-generation immigrants I know voted Leave in the referendum. It seemed they resented people from their countries of origin getting a comparatively rotten deal if they wanted to come to the UK or become a citizen.
I think it was jealousy towards the Polish community that motivated them.

Black Britons have worked hard for generations to be called British and get respect, then the Polish come here and are given "equality" instantly.
Nalk1573
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NoEaze)
What do you mean ?

Asian Brits ? Black Brits ? Chinese Brits ?

Brexit has certainly activated a racial conciousness in people that didn't exist before.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Those already here or the wannabes who flood the channel and the Med?
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Nalk1573)
I think it was jealousy towards the Polish community that motivated them.

Black Britons have worked hard for generations to be called British and get respect, then the Polish come here and are given "equality" instantly.
Don't see you guys on rooftops slaving away. Maybe something wrong with my eyes?
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
Think it will be good news better exchange rate means cheaper everything plus less competition as many fewer Europeans will come.
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 2 weeks ago
as a Canadian i saved about $15k in my education. couldn't have studied in the UK without Brexit.
Last edited by Joleee; 2 weeks ago
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you're white itll be great. Aussies and Kiwis are rather looking forward to preferential treatment.

Although more seriously its notionally meant to be quite good, especially for foreign graduates.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
They will pay more for fuel and food like everyone else as tariffs are imposed on imports and the pound devalues.
84% of tariffs including food and fuel will be tariff free.

The likes of Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley actually forecast Sterling to appreciate if we leave with a deal.
In general nothing much will change for you. Most of the provisions in the immigration bill for once we exit already apply to non-Eu folk. On a basic level it basically says that you need a 30k job offer.
(Original post by L i b)
At the time of the referendum I actually got a taxi most nights in Huddersfield and would ask the taxi drivers about it, it was surprising how most of those born here were pretty Euro-skeptic due to immigration in the main and a general dislike for Turks.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are we talking about those already here or those who desire to come here? For those already here: pretty much the same as anybody else
Those not yet here: they won't be discriminated against in favour of the white European.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (44)
33.08%
No I don't (62)
46.62%
I work during the holidays (27)
20.3%

Watched Threads