lysirebex
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So Ive started my mocks this week and I wanted to document how each exam went and I felt this was the right place to do so

A little bit about me first,
These are the subjects I take + the grades I got in year 10 mocks

English lit(8)
Biology(8)
Geography(7)
Maths (higher) (6)
Chemistry (6)
Physics (5)
Economics(5)
English Lang (3)
Religious studies (didn’t do a mock)

Subjects I’m considering for a level:
-economics
-maths
-business
-geography

Uni course in mind as of now:
Business-management and marketing
drshadowgames
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lysirebex)
So Ive started my mocks this week and I wanted to document how each exam went and I felt this was the right place to do so

A little bit about me first,
These are the subjects I take + the grades I got in year 10 mocks

English lit(8)
Biology(8)
Geography(7)
Maths (higher) (6)
Chemistry (6)
Physics (5)
Economics(5)
English Lang (3)
Religious studies (didn’t do a mock)

Subjects I’m considering for a level:
-economics
-maths
-business
-geography

Uni course in mind as of now:
Business-management and marketing
What a great idea. Finished my mocks just over a week ago now, What exam boards?
drshadowgames
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh and, best of luck!
lysirebex
Rep:
?
(Original post by drshadowgames)
What a great idea. Finished my mocks just over a week ago now, What exam boards?
AQA for English, geography, sciences
Edexcel for Maths
OCR for economics
Eduuqas for RE

Hope ur mocks went well x
Last edited by lysirebex; 2 weeks ago
lysirebex
Rep:
?
Today I sat my English language paper 2 and geography (combination of two papers) exam both AQA.

ENGLISH LANG P2 : I felt like I could’ve done way better I just got my timings all messed up meaning I didn’t finish any of the questions except Q1 of course
I’m heavily depending on my answer in Q3 to boost my marks, but overall I’m remaining positive because whatever I get in this exam will obviously guide in me to what needs to improved
(DEFFO Q5)

GEOGRAPHY this went way better than English by far 9 mark questions given to us were great it’s a shame I didn’t manage to complete the last one. Most questions I answered without a problem however being forgetful I couldn’t remember a specific named example which slightly led me to panic and leave out a whole 6 mark question(yeah I know a whole 6 marks)

Tomorrow is biology and Religious studies
Tune in tomorrow to see how it went

P.s my attempt of dry humour is me revealing my Boredom as one who’s had enough of her GCSES
Vicki182
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
good luck! i have my yr 11 mocks in about 2 weeks 😭
rayz123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
whas your eng lan sources about elephants and about letting animals be free
lysirebex
Rep:
?
(Original post by rayz123)
whas your eng lan sources about elephants and about letting animals be free
No sorry ours was about different boats and experiences at sea
lysirebex
Rep:
?
Sat my biology and RE exams today overall they went way better than yesterday

Biology: the paper was generally alright best part was there were no required practicals I don’t think are teachers really bothered when they put this exam together. as in osmosis had like three whole sections to itself I dunno how u can expand on it more other than saying “gain water by osmosis” but oh well.

Also there were a lot of calculations considering it’s biology and the highest marks was 5 for an extended answer. Me and my friends were quite annoyed cuz we revised literally everything especially homeostasis topic negative feedback and all that and we couldn’t put it to use 😫😫😫😫

RE: ngl this is the one GCSE I care about the least partly because it dont align with my own faith and secondly CBA. but last minute revision, which of course all of use should never do, came in handy as the questions were beautiful all the 15 markers were quite straightforward last years 11 really had it easy(sighh) but ofccc relying solely on memory I’ll probably going to secure maybe 7-10 marks one each cuz couldn’t remember the other religious views/arguments

Tomorrow I’ve got chemistry and maths literally calculation heaven I know but hope all those doing mocks now are doing well we’ve got this guys 😉
AlanIsHere
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Today I sat my English language paper 2 and geography (combination of two papers) exam both AQA.

ENGLISH LANG P2 : I felt like I could’ve done way better I just got my timings all messed up meaning I didn’t finish any of the questions except Q1 of course
I’m heavily depending on my answer in Q3 to boost my marks, but overall I’m remaining positive because whatever I get in this exam will obviously guide in me to what needs to improved
(DEFFO Q5)

GEOGRAPHY this went way better than English by far 9 mark questions given to us were great it’s a shame I didn’t manage to complete the last one. Most questions I answered without a problem however being forgetful I couldn’t remember a specific named example which slightly led me to panic and leave out a whole 6 mark question(yeah I know a whole 6 marks)

P.s my attempt of dry humour is me revealing my Boredom as one who’s had enough of her GCSES
are you doing the 2019 biology triple paper?
lysirebex
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlanIsHere)
are you doing the 2019 biology triple paper?
No we’re using that one in our mocks in March
rayz123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No sorry ours was about different boats and experiences at sea
you done lan paper2 from last year
jay0609
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
About to do edexcel chemistry higher paper any answers please?
c.shell
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jay0609)
About to do edexcel chemistry higher paper any answers please?
We did ours last week but your school will just choose a random past/specimen paper so you've got no way of finding out what the answers are. Best thing to do is some last minute cramming, do a practice paper with a textbook next to you for support and/or a quick online course like Seneca
jay0609
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by c.shell)
We did ours last week but your school will just choose a random past/specimen paper so you've got no way of finding out what the answers are. Best thing to do is some last minute cramming, do a practice paper with a textbook next to you for support and/or a quick online course like Seneca
No mate all our mocks are last years gcse papers but how did yours go anyway
lysirebex
Rep:
?
it’s only Wednesday but I’m already tired so today imma keep it short as im guessing not many people read my fat paragraphs anyways

Chemistry: the questions we got weren’t to bad except for this one bond enthalpy which I couldn’t get my head round it was packed with theory and not many calculations as id thought as in not one titration which I’d revised to death overall I’m just glad it’s done and can’t wait to get my results

*the paper i did wasn’t a full p1 or p2 it was a mixture of both haven’t finished all topics getting it out there as ppl kept asking yesterday

Maths: (higher edexcel)was actually a really nice paper I think we used last years paper but I’m not sure cuz our school like to be all extra and put the school logo on the front page don’t ask why cuz I have no idea. when discussing with my friends I realised I missed out some steps in a couple of questions but hopefully I’ll still gain some marks. And i learnt that I need to go and revisit functions as this 5 marker was something else ( dw guys I got an answer at the end just took a lot of time an effort)

Tomorrow is economics (OCR)
Said this was gonna be short ....🙃
Raunakkhaled123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

(DEFFO Q5)

Heyyyy can you tell me what were the questions about in English Lang paper 2 AQA I have mocks tomorrow please helpppp😭😭😭
lysirebex
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Raunakkhaled123)
Heyyyy can you tell me what were the questions about in English Lang paper 2 AQA I have mocks tomorrow please helpppp😭😭😭
You’ve probably already sat the exam sorry I couldn’t reply in time
lysirebex
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Went to a sixth form open evening on Thursday and was revising didn’t get chance to write how my exam went for economics. Today I also did maths paper 2 edexcel both went quite well so just 2 more on Monday then I can relax for a bit before pursuing revision plus making notes . My aim is to get everything done by the end of January(I still have quite a lot of notes and quizlet flashcards for English to get through 😫

Economics: was honestly a great paper most of the multiple choice questions were good but some were a bit misleading so ended up just picking at random
Left out one six mark question because I was unsure what the question was asking and also timings

Maths: calculator paper acc went quite well I’m happy with most of the answers I got need to go practice trigonometry with 3D shapes as well as vectors because the last two questions weren’t for me

English literature and physics now left it’s been a long week and I’m already imagining what it’s gonna be like in the summer😂

BTW hope everyone has a nice weekend
imetlo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
what were the 9 markers in geography based on? do u remember any of the questions from ur mock?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Regent's University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (87)
18.91%
Labour (226)
49.13%
Liberal Democrats (61)
13.26%
Green Party (28)
6.09%
Brexit Party (6)
1.3%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.65%
SNP (10)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.65%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.3%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)