janelle42
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
SOS

Will marks be deducted if my epq presentation's title is different from the essay's final draft title? Going for the A * prediction. I presented it last week and decided to change the title today.

Original: Does the influence of Heredity and Environmental Factors on intelligence changes with age

New: What is intelligence and its influential factors

or something else please help
aylee_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, if anything, it will gain you marks to show your evaluative nature and progression through the project
iFlops
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by janelle42)
SOS

Will marks be deducted if my epq presentation's title is different from the essay's final draft title? Going for the A * prediction. I presented it last week and decided to change the title today.

Original: Does the influence of Heredity and Environmental Factors on intelligence changes with age

New: What is intelligence and its influential factors

or something else please help
Honestly I think the first title is better - it's more specific, and judging from an aqa examiner comment I read about, questions like the new one you have are too vague. Then again, I don't think presenting with a different title will be that significant in changing your marks.
janelle42
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by aylee_)
No, if anything, it will gain you marks to show your evaluative nature and progression through the project
I thought we have to present with the FINAL TITLE

(Original post by iFlops)
Honestly I think the first title is better - it's more specific, and judging from an aqa examiner comment I read about, questions like the new one you have are too vague. Then again, I don't think presenting with a different title will be that significant in changing your marks.
I realize that there is more influential factors to our intelligence other than the environment and genes. Half of my essay is also based on models of intelligence(like 2000 words). What should I change it too
aylee_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
we do need to present w final title but you can discuss how it developed in your project q research and development which would be good to see from an examiner point of view
iFlops
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aylee_)
we do need to present w final title but you can discuss how it developed in your project q research and development which would be good to see from an examiner point of view
This ^^

(Original post by janelle42)
I realize that there is more influential factors to our intelligence other than the environment and genes. Half of my essay is also based on models of intelligence(like 2000 words). What should I change it too
You don't have to change it; that's great material to use during your evaluation, I have no doubt in my mind that you won't have marks deducted because of this, I honestly think you may be overthinking this a tad. It's fine!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.04%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (89)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
37.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (41)
13.18%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed