Uni of Manchester or Manchester Met?? Watch

katiec88
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've just started first year but I'm dropping out because I'm not at the right uni for me. It's very quiet, isolated, bad nightlife, and the people are pretty quiet as well.

I had a look at Manchester Met for starting again in 2020 and really liked it there but I don't know how good it is for the course I want to study (Sociology). I do have the grades to get into Manchester University so I don't know whether I should go there because it's 'better'. I've heard MMU is more down to earth, people are more of a laugh, they go out more and there's less 'rah's', and that's pretty important to me.

Does anyone study Sociology at MMU, or know the contrast between the two unis?? I really want to go to a uni I know I'll enjoy this time!!

Thanks
Theeps05
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Uni of Manchester
Telomere
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't know the difference between the course at the two universities but Manchester is not a rah University.
katiec88
Rep:
?
(Original post by Theeps05)
Uni of Manchester
How come you think that? are you a student at uni of manchester?
katiec88
Rep:
?
(Original post by Telomere)
I don't know the difference between the course at the two universities but Manchester is not a rah University
Are you a student at uni of manchester?
Telomere
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just graduated. It's big, vibrant and diverse but in four years there I never felt it was rah - whereas an afternoon at Leeds confirmed that it was and somewhere I wouldn't fit in.
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I went to Manchester, Manchester and MMU are literally next to each other so you can mix with people from either uni. if you wanna do something with your sociology related to it then I'd go Manchester for its better reputation. Most of the people were common on my course but there were one or two posh ones (and Americans lol).
pippapear666
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
UoM is a Russel group and overall has the better reputation and therefore better connections. Man met is a polytechnic also referred to as Mickey Mouse uni... personally, I’d opt for UoM.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (126)
20.22%
Labour (311)
49.92%
Liberal Democrats (84)
13.48%
Green Party (30)
4.82%
Brexit Party (7)
1.12%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.48%
SNP (14)
2.25%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.96%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)