The Student Room Group

One of the best mental health websites: 7 cups

This website doesn't get enough recognition for the good it does and judging from the daily posts about not feeling good enough and general poor mental health among students, I feel like people need to know about this. If you don't know what 7cups is, it's a website you can go to when you just want someone to listen to anything on your mind - whether you're experiencing anxiety, depression, relationship stress, work stress, study stress, lack of motivation etc. They have trained listeners who will be there for you. I've also heard it might be closing if not enough people are visiting the website, but that might be hearsay. Point is, if you feel you're not doing so great and you want someone to talk to about it (and don't feel comfortable telling friends or fam) then 7cups is the place to be. Honestly I sound like some advertiser for it lol, I genuinely amn't.
check it: 7cups.com
Hmm I’ll check it out and share
Reply 2
Original post by Greywolftwo
Hmm I’ll check it out and share

Yess, I mean there's nothing to lose by trying it and I genuinely think it's really helpful if you get the right listener :biggrin:
I love this site, it’s amazing
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I love this site, it’s amazing

Right? Think it's really useful to share on TSR especially, hope people see it :crossedf:
Original post by iFlops
Right? Think it's really useful to share on TSR especially, hope people see it :crossedf:

Why not share it on the mental health society thread?
Reply 6
Original post by iFlops
This website doesn't get enough recognition for the good it does and judging from the daily posts about not feeling good enough and general poor mental health among students, I feel like people need to know about this. If you don't know what 7cups is, it's a website you can go to when you just want someone to listen to anything on your mind - whether you're experiencing anxiety, depression, relationship stress, work stress, study stress, lack of motivation etc. They have trained listeners who will be there for you. I've also heard it might be closing if not enough people are visiting the website, but that might be hearsay. Point is, if you feel you're not doing so great and you want someone to talk to about it (and don't feel comfortable telling friends or fam) then 7cups is the place to be. Honestly I sound like some advertiser for it lol, I genuinely amn't.
check it: 7cups.com

it's awful. most of their volunteers aren't properly train, and have no idea what they're doing tbh
Reply 7
Original post by Ciel.
it's awful. most of their volunteers aren't properly train, and have no idea what they're doing tbh

Hey, everyone has different experiences, if you don't find the good listeners it can suck ass, but if you browse listeners you can find the better ones. Still think it's probably the best free websites in terms of trying to help with mental health - that being said, I don't know any website like that. completely get your point though.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Why not share it on the mental health society thread?

I'm not clued up with TSR lol
Reply 9
Original post by iFlops
Hey, everyone has different experiences, if you don't find the good listeners it can suck ass, but if you browse listeners you can find the better ones. Still think it's probably the best free websites in terms of trying to help with mental health - that being said, I don't know any website like that. completely get your point though.

maybe it was just my luck then, who knows.

Quick Reply

Latest