Hair growth and thicken

Watch
Coco918
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have really thin hair and it doesn’t seam to grow. I use Alberto Balsam for my shampoo and conditioner and last year dyed my hair blonde. Every time I brush my hair the ends tend to flake off this has only happened since I dyed my hair. I REALLY WANT THICK LONG HAIR!!! pleaseeee give me tips
Dancer2001
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How often are you using shampoo? Try not to use it every day. I would definitely get a better shampoo as well. If you can’t afford a more expensive one, Poundland has some that are not bad.
If your hair is very thin, are you brushing it too much and not gently enough? Brushing your hair should never hurt, if there’s lots of knots it just takes a bit longer.
Hannah._.isobel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It’s horrible but cut it! I used to have proper long thin hair and I wanted it thick so I cut it short (to around my shoulders) and it’s so unbelievably healthy and has grown so thick and fast. I also make hair mask like once or twice a month with egg whites, coconut oil,aloe Vera gel and a tiny bit of honey .... leave that on for 30 mins then wash it out , works wonders honestly x
C'est me
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try to use less conditioner and heavy products. They weigh your hair down which makes it look thinner.
Christieeee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dancer2001)
How often are you using shampoo? Try not to use it every day. I would definitely get a better shampoo as well. If you can’t afford a more expensive one, Poundland has some that are not bad.
If your hair is very thin, are you brushing it too much and not gently enough? Brushing your hair should never hurt, if there’s lots of knots it just takes a bit longer.
There are many reasons that cause thinning hair. The climate can also affect your hair as well as the inappropriate use of styling tools. I would recommend checking this blog about proper hair care. Daily use of shampoo is definitely a bad idea, using the cheapest one is also not good.
fwright19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What I do to get thicker hair is plating my hair all day and night, this stops the hair from getting notty and keeps my hair smooth so I don't have to brush it that often. I use 'long hair, no cut, shampoos and conditions. Eat food that are high in healthy fats like avocados and eggs. Hope this helps

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (38)
5.81%
Uncertainty around my education (77)
11.77%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
11.01%
Lack of purpose or motivation (83)
12.69%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (37)
5.66%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (37)
5.66%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (70)
10.7%
Financial worries (41)
6.27%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (26)
3.98%
Exposure to negative news/social media (39)
5.96%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (19)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (63)
9.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (52)
7.95%

Watched Threads