The Student Room Group

Med skl interview on book I mentioned in personal statement

I mentioned that I read The man who mistook his wife for a hat in my personal statement. If they ask questions on it what sort of questions would they ask? I read the book quite a while ago and i'm scared I have forgotten details.
Original post by zoozooboo
I mentioned that I read The man who mistook his wife for a hat in my personal statement. If they ask questions on it what sort of questions would they ask? I read the book quite a while ago and i'm scared I have forgotten details.

Probably what your general thoughts were and why it's influenced your decision to apply for medicine. They probably won't ask at all, and if they do, they won't dwell on it - it's not a book club after all.
Reply 2
WHO has not read The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat?? I refuse to believe such people exist, especially on a med school interview panel!
Original post by GANFYD
WHO has not read The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat?? I refuse to believe such people exist, especially on a med school interview panel!

:itsme:
Reply 4
Original post by Democracy
:itsme:

Well what sort of things do you do in your spare time?? This is a classic! Suggest it for next month's book club :lol: :rofl:
Reply 5
Nah, he moonlights as a Dr in his spare time, so will definitely have read it (Paper Mask is also an interesting film - you can suggest that for Film Club - and please do not remind me you are not all middle aged and boring, it ruins my illusions!)
Original post by GANFYD
Well what sort of things do you do in your spare time?? This is a classic! Suggest it for next month's book club :lol: :rofl:

Subversive junior doctor memoirs. Now that would be an applicant worth talking to :u:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by GANFYD
Nah, he moonlights as a Dr in his spare time, so will definitely have read it (Paper Mask is also an interesting film - you can suggest that for Film Club - and please do not remind me you are not all middle aged and boring, it ruins my illusions!)

Excellent choice. It shows what Marwood got up to after the ending of Withnail and I :smile:
Reply 8
Excellent choice. It shows what Marwood got up to after the ending of Withnail and I :smile:

Busy little so-and-so. But then the Tardis helps with that. And he's come full circle now he's a neurosurgeon
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Awakenings is good (book more than film, though Robin Williams is always superb) but it is not in the league of TMWMHWFAH!
And you need to up your Middle Aged, middle class Brownie points!
And neither did Matthew Harris! :eek:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_Mask
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by GANFYD
Busy little so-and-so. But then the Tardis helps with that. And he's come full circle now he's a neurosurgeon

Not just a neurosurgeon but a neurosurgeon who has cured MND (of all things) according to Wikipedia :stupid: :eyeball: :rofl:
Original post by zoozooboo

depends on the Uni but if you mention a book in your PS you have to be prepared to answer questions on it. If you haven't read it recently there was no need to mention it, but now that you have you are gonna have to read it again or read a summary at least.
Reply 12
Not just a neurosurgeon but a neurosurgeon who has cured MND (of all things) according to Wikipedia :stupid: :eyeball: :rofl:

:eek::eek: :gasp::gasp: you are falling way behind here - please step up and cure some neurological disease stat!

Quick Reply

Latest