The Student Room Group

Struggling at uni, just want to go home??

So I’m not exactly having the best rime at uni. I feel like it’s alright but it’s definitely not what I had envisioned. I feel like I’m lacking in personality compared to the people around me who all seem very extroverted and talkative. Whereas, I kind of blend in, I have a friendship group of sorts and such so I’m not lonely, it’s just I feel like I’m boring and I’m shy around people I don’t really know. For example, I know people in my group call & text each other but I only call and text like one of them so I feel everyone is closer to each other than me as it takes me a while to get comfortable around people so I’m kind of left out. I dunno what it is, I actually enjoy my course but I just can’t wait for Christmas break so I can get away from it all as I constantly feel like I’m not good enough and that I am only in this friendship group by association as I’m close with one girl in there, but if she was to leave for some reason then I wouldn’t feel comfortable with the current people in the group as I never know what to say to them and just feel awkward. It’s really getting to me and mAking me kind of dread uni.
Hey,

I'm introverted as well. But when I do talk to people it's all about asking questions. Make them open ended and they can be as random as you want.

Ask what they watch on Netflix and see if you have any shows in common. Just ask as many questions to try and see what you have in common to talk about.

Always be yourself, don't try and change for your friends but try and be more open around them.

Quick Reply

Latest